• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of my shoes are for 10D brannock, but lately my left foot has flattened out to be more of 10.5 :(

Let me just chop off my toes and I'll be with ya shortly.

Solid Steel was great

Indeed! I'm a bit of a purist in that I am primarily interested in shows from '98 and before, but any shows where Jon Moore, Matt Black, Strictly Kev, PC were present are worth a listen. I also appreciate DK's contribution to the series.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AITA question for yall

I just emailed a shop asking for measurements on three shirts totaling about $650. I was told they don't "have the measurements on hand" and I should just buy and return if they don't fit.

I am not impressed with that reply. That is a lot of fussing around and inconvenience involving a possible trip to the post office for a return and credit refund a month later.

I figure someone should be able to go take the measurements and get back to me, or say "thanks for asking, we will get back to you in a day or two with measurements once someone can get a minute to help. We are slammed/operating without a lot of people in the shop right now/on vacation for a few days, etc." I won't be making the purchase.

So AITA for expecting different customer service? Or is this how it is supposed to be and my expectations should be different?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gettoasty did you post those in recent purchases? I forgot

@gettoasty Out of curiosity, how often do you find yourself wearing this

ypOTmi8l.jpg

I ask because I have a similar full-jacket of wool fleece that I waffle about.

I hope you don't mind me digging this up. No bro-mo.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AITA question for yall

I just emailed a shop asking for measurements on three shirts totaling about $650. I was told they don't "have the measurements on hand" and I should just buy and return if they don't fit.

I am not impressed with that reply. That is a lot of fussing around and inconvenience involving a possible trip to the post office for a return and credit refund a month later.

I figure someone should be able to go take the measurements and get back to me, or say "thanks for asking, we will get back to you in a day or two with measurements once someone can get a minute to help. We are slammed/operating without a lot of people in the shop right now/on vacation for a few days, etc." I won't be making the purchase.

So AITA for expecting different customer service? Or is this how it is supposed to be and my expectations should be different?

Stop having expectations. The world is falling apart.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm always pairing down my wardrobe into a reasonable group. My main trouble was being uptight about things fitting me perfect, so it would result in me not holding onto something for its lifetime as my weight fluctuated. But now that I'm more relaxed about how things fit, I'm wearing this to the ground, getting them repaired, and wearing them more.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
do you have to dry clean after every wear ?

The secret is simply washing your ass haha. Also like I tell everyone stop sanding down your asshole with toilet paper and get you some nice aloe vera infused wipes....the great run on toilet paper of 2020 had no impact on me

Note to self: don't buy secondhand pants from @RegisDB9

....well **** :)

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Anybody else making purchases for the...hopefully soon....post rona life? I’ve been getting incredibly good deals everywhere. $600 Margiela trousers...$132. Tom Ford Swimshorts...$120, Denim, Knitwear all at sub $200....I’m even going to try a pair of Christian Louboutins

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody else making purchases for the...hopefully soon....post rona life? I’ve been getting incredibly good deals everywhere. $600 Margiela trousers...$132. Tom Ford Swimshorts...$120, Denim, Knitwear all at sub $200....I’m even going to try a pair of Christian Louboutins
Where you seeing these deals? I'd love to try some tom ford at those prices

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bruh. Too many.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads