• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Boxer briefs cook your junk. I used to wear them all the time, but I realized they’re too warm for me. Now I only wear them to work out, the rest of the time I want something loose and comfortable. I’ve been buying J. Crew Mercantile boxers for a while. Great value.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SAXX for physical activity.
Old school 100% cotton boxers for very occasional suit and sleeping in foreign beds.
Comando 95%.
This is the way.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening?"

Isn't briefs > boxers > boxer-briefs the modern man's underwear equivalent of crawling as a baby, walking as a man and leaning on a cane as a geezer?

Boxers are for adolescents the same way blue/white Hanes/FTL briefs are for 9-year-olds. (Sorry not sorry.)

I mean, wear whatever you want that doesn't embarrass you, scandalize others, or lead to injury, but I don't know how an adult man can comfortably get through a day in loose underwear like boxers (or nothing).

I got a pair of SAXX for free with a purchase of jeans not too long ago, and they are comfortable, plus clearly well engineered with extra panels of fabric to achieve a high degree of "separation," but I found them lacking in terms of effective "support."

Unico is my go-to brand because they fit just the way I like and their boxer-briefs come in three different lengths (short, classic and biker), on top of which it's easy to find solid-color 95% cotton basics though they also have various kaleidoscopic-print nylon/poly offerings.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Nah, the vast majority of my physical activity is surfing and swimming. Did the High Sierra Trail with Whitney last year and the SAXX were perfect for keeping things relatively cool and organized.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ive been telling you guys for what? 10 years? ...you haven’t lived until you’ve gone commando in some tropical wool pants...dat breeze

do you have to dry clean after every wear ?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dry cleaners pay Regis to wear customers' clothes - his washboard abs abrade dirt washed away by his Miami sweat, while the coconut oil content of his skin helps condition fabrics.

Which is to say nothing of his hot-air drying technique.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boxer briefs cook your junk. I used to wear them all the time, but I realized they’re too warm for me. Now I only wear them to work out, the rest of the time I want something loose and comfortable. I’ve been buying J. Crew Mercantile boxers for a while. Great value.
Menthol junk powder, THEN the boxer briefs...

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This degraded quickly.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear boxers when lounging around at home in my robe, otherwise CK modal boxer briefs.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
The problem is that briefs and boxer briefs bundle up your junk and create a bulge that's front and center, and if you're going to certain parties, that may be a desired effect, but I find that generally it's not something I want to parade around the office with. Boxers allow everything to hang naturally, and you can "dress left" or "dress right" as you prefer. If that's still too obvious then you may need to ask your trouser maker for an extra inch, from the crotch around to the bunghole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads