• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't sleep on the dark chocolate peanut butter cups.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really consider butter chicken "Indian" food, but I think that anglo-Indian is a valid cuisine in the same vein as Hong Kong cafe or Italian American. The food that immigrants took from native lands and adapted to new ingredients and new audiences is one of the great things about global mobility.

Err... butter chicken is Indian. It's not 'traditional' but it was invented in Delhi. You may be thinking of Chicken Tikka Masala, which is a dish invented in Britain by Indian immigrants to appease white palates.

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
palates

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
TJ hashbrowns do bang. also the dark chocolate peanut butter cups as @Baron stated. green chili frozen mac n cheese, any of the gyoza. the frozen bag of chicken fried rice is next level i'm just remembering that and need to stop and get some today or tomorrow.

it's lit

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should have registered with me sooner that dealers are shipping via other than EMS/Japan Post. Got these in a day via DHL.

5417068D-20D7-4BAF-84D0-3AE5F953E06D.jpeg
80217FC8-F891-4D27-B8FD-969D27961480.jpeg

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I order a Veilance Isogon jacket from Haven during sales. It arrives, I try on briefly before realizing it's too small. I list on ebay the same day. The jacket sells via auction, I ship in the original garment bag/box. The buyer receives it, then the next day tells me the jacket smells like detergent and requests a refund. I didn't wash the jacket, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt because I do remember a bleach-like smell coming from the garment bag. I do not remember the jacket itself as having any odor, nor did I notice anything else that would make me think it had been used/washed.

It's possible that the buyer freaked out at the bleach smell, which I should find strange also, even though the jacket itself is new. But if he is right and I'm dumb, is it plausible that a store like Haven would actually sell a used jacket? I'm planning on going to the Arcteryx store to ask.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you picking up these records? In Japan for an extended period of time and not sure where to start.

I wish I had that problem.

I bought off of Discogs, but the vendor is Ella Records: https://www.ella-records.com/. Haven't been, but would check out if you're in the area of either location.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is not really much chinese food in my town and i don't mind trying my own hand at. would love to get a rec or 2 of a good cookbook primer for both 'american' tool/technique/palette and maybe also something that points me to more homegrown regional basics if there is such a cookbook. if anybody has some guide/basic recipes that they like to go to?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads