• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Judging by your nails, I blieve that threat :p
Dude honestly, next time you're in a Chinatown just go they got some of the best cheap ones and you need all the help you can get, my toes look more elegant than this.

btw: we pretty much carry the same pocketknife (as keychain in my case).

Why is it that I always feel low level negged in here, sorta like David in Schitt's Creek?

@LA Guy my birthday is in December so........ would love the pocket knife

I'd say yes, but my children have already claimed it when I... pass, as has my wife, which is somehow considerably more disturbing.

Incidentally. my birthday is in September. I would love me a pair of Visvim Mid Ute Moc trainers in sand, size 12 if they fit the same as the lo runners. Wow, that came out surprisingly specific.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@London

Speaking of BkC, penning a piece for their new culture blog on the relationship between streetwear and street culture in light of the recent mass looting. Should be up in the next week or so. Gotta send @dieworkwear packing.

I know another writer who's working on a story like that. I'll DM you their info. Maybe you guys can share ideas and discuss.

bencap

Reaction score
I think la possibilité d’une île (especially the last third of the novel) and la carte et le territoire are his best works (haven’t read the English translations).

Agreed, those are my two favorite novels of his as well. I haven't read Sérotonine yet, I'm not in a hurry to do so but will probably get around to it eventually.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
la possibilité d’une île

For me this one just came across as the barely concealed whine of a man incapable of dealing with (his own) aging.

Joytropics

Reaction score
For me this one just came across as the barely concealed whine of a man incapable of dealing with (his own) aging.

Kind of a rich tradition in novels, no?

You could describe Philip Roth's Zuckerman saga like this, and I think they're among the best books ever written.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can this become his title? @LA Guy
It should be. I'm waiting for his book. He's one of the best writers on mens style that I've read. He doesn't just write about cool clothes, he provides socio-historical context and helps you understand the meaning in things. It takes thought and rigor. I respect that.

Last edited:

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dieworkwear I saw your piece on Putthison. Maybe we could grab Niyi (Post Imperial), Ouigi (BKC) and some Black retailers, stylists and fashion folks to do a zoom or something.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incidentally. my birthday is in September.

We're Virgos. Except you're Kitana and I'm Daria.

Daria_580400-MTV_DARIA._SX1080_.jpg

Joytropics

Reaction score
Shoutout to @Todd Shelton and his team for working with me, and really nailing the fit on my most recent pair of denim.

Highly recommend both the jeans and the process.

To think, it all stemmed from me complaining on this thread about jeans some months ago!

It also feels good to support a small, US business right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics