• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1591105208671.png

This guy put a call out for protesters in suit and tie. Maybe I should post in CM?

blacklight

Reaction score
I am not a brand owner so I have little to offer on that conversation beyond knowing your core constituency and what they are likely to expect from you. Just don't be Virgil Abloh. Better yet, take him as an example of everything not to do.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone know of Black-owned companies, including retailers and brands, that fit the aesthetics discussed on this forum?

Some that came to my mind:

Ikire Jones
Post Imperial
Ozwald Boateng
Maurice Sedwell
Public School
Norweigan Rain
Abasi Rosborough
Pyer Moss (a little outside of the styles we talk about here, but close)
Union

Last edited:

Joytropics

Reaction score
When I was younger and cooler I was a big Commonwealth guy.

Black-owned streetwear store in DC/VA.

In the good ol' days they were one of the very few non-dedicated boutiques that could carry Supreme.

Edit: looks like they now carry a bunch of stuff popular here. Visvim, Needles, Suicoke.

blacklight

Reaction score
Does anyone know of Black-owned companies, including retailers and brands, that fit the aesthetics discussed on this forum?

Ikire Jones
Post Imperial
Ozwald Boateng
Maurice Sedwell
Want les Essentiels
Public School
Norweigan Rain
Abasi Rosborough

Just a few keeping with the spirit of this list.

The Brooklyn Circus – huge, huge footprint in training + creating opportunities for young models, stylists, & designers in NYC and SF, straight up StyFo's alley. Kind of pioneered street ivy style in NYC.
Wales Bonner
A Cold Wall - London-inspired streetwear with tech elements
Nicholas Daley - ninja'd
Flamekeepers Harlem - custom hat habadasher

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glenn's Denim
X of Pentacles
Armando Cabral
T-Michael
Art Comes FIrst

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ikire Jones
Post Imperial
Ozwald Boateng
Maurice Sedwell
Want les Essentiels
Public School
Norweigan Rain
Abasi Rosborough
Union
Niyi from Post Overalls makes great stuff and is a good dude, as are Abdul from Abasi Rosborough and Max and Dao-Yi from public school.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a few keeping with the spirit of this list.

The Brooklyn Circus – huge, huge footprint in training + creating opportunities for young models, stylists, & designers in NYC and SF, straight up StyFo's alley. Kind of pioneered street ivy style in NYC.
Wales Bonner
A Cold Wall - London-inspired streetwear with tech elements
Nicholas Daley - ninja'd
Flamekeepers Harlem - custom hat habadasher
Ouigi is my man from the Brooklyn Circus!

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ikire Jones
Post Imperial
Ozwald Boateng
Maurice Sedwell
Want les Essentiels
Public School
Norweigan Rain
Abasi Rosborough
Union
Chris Gibbs is an OG

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brother Vellies for your ladies:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't forget about Virgil's Off-White. Gotta keep the coffers full to keep making those $50 donations.

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. That V.A. social media backlash is weird. People seem to be just as happy to tear him down now as they were to hold him up before. Being a celebrity seems like a nightmare.

blacklight

Reaction score
Ouigi is my man from the Brooklyn Circus!

Ouigi is the definition of an OG. There are brands and then there are communities, and I think that he along with a couple others named (ACF and T-Michael come to mind, and I think Pyer Moss and Wales Bonner are getting there in the runway space) have really done immeasurable work in opening doors for others to come behind them. Just incredible people.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouigi is the definition of an OG. There are brands and then there are communities, and I think that he along with a couple others named (ACF and T-Michael come to mind, and I think Pyer Moss and Wales Bonner are getting there in the runway space) have really done immeasurable work in opening doors for others to come behind them. Just incredible people.
Before them was the so called "urban brands" and OG Black streetwear brands like PNB Nation and 10 Deep that is still around. Scott who runs 10 Deep is a quiet dude, but has been in business about 20+ years.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads