• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is it about us liberals and progressives that just cannot help ourselves with the constant friendly fire. All the time. Who needs enemies when you can have people who share the same values as you, aspire to the same ideals, turn around and **** on you with copious doses of cynicism, dishing out generous portions of skeptical quips about your intentions. I honestly don’t f get it. You see that stuff in primaries, with progressive dick measuring contests and people doing a better job at destroying their own nominee than the other side, and you see it here again with some people enjoying target-shooting those who actually stand up for a cause they share. No wonder we cannot win an election against an absolute brain-dead bigot when we constantly **** on people we should be locking arms with, and spend our time questioning motives and true wokeness level, rather than focusing on defeating bigotry, racism and inequalities. Turn your guns around and pick better targets, if you really want to achieve something.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well said, that's why I became an independent and voted for Gary Johnson last election. Both Republicans and Democrats are running around with their heads in their asses.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is it about us liberals and progressives that just cannot help ourselves with the constant friendly fire. All the time. Who needs enemies when you can have people who share the same values as you, aspire to the same ideals, turn around and **** on you with copious doses of cynicism, dishing out generous portions of skeptical quips about your intentions. I honestly don’t f get it. You see that stuff in primaries, with progressive dick measuring contests and people doing a better job at destroying their own nominee than the other side, and you see it here again with some people enjoying target-shooting those who actually stand up for a cause they share. No wonder we cannot win an election against an absolute brain-dead bigot when we constantly **** on people we should be locking arms with, and spend our time questioning motives and true wokeness level, rather than focusing on defeating bigotry, racism and inequalities. Turn your guns around and pick better targets, if you really want to achieve something.
Er,,, wanna see a cool pocketknife?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, but don't come crying to us when you are detained and taken to a black ops site in the Middle East. Just sayin'.
I remember losing a brand new big bottle of Davine's.
I was soooo pissed. I told the TSA person, at least take it home and use it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember losing a brand new big bottle of Davine's.
I was soooo pissed. I told the TSA person, at least take it home and use it.
I used to smuggle home entire legs of jamon iberico and big wheels of Manchego from Spain. The stores were completely in on this and would triple vacuum seal them for you if you asked. We'd have massive cookouts with gigantic Paellas and grilled sausages and then copious amounts of flan.

• Love
Reactions: msg

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to smuggle home entire legs of jamon iberico and big wheels of Manchego from Spain. The stores were completely in on this and would triple vacuum seal them for you if you asked. We'd have massive cookouts with gigantic Paellas and grilled sausages and then copious amounts of flan.
That is next level stuff. And the food just tastes twice as good, because...

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha I didn't know about that. To be honest I voted for Gary Johnson without knowing any of his policies because I was sick of all the **** going on with the 2 main parties.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The idea that the two main parties are basically the same doesn’t seem believable if you’re paying attention
It tracks if you're still of the outdated viewpoint that both parties are equally corrupt and depraved.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't literally saying the 2 parties were the same. Trump is a racist and a ****** person, he should have been easy to beat if a decent candidate was put out. You can blame whatever you want for Hillary losing the 2016 election, but the fact was the Democrats screwed Bernie over (even though he wasn't really a Democrat) and gave Hillary the questions before the debates which I felt was a big reason she lost.

I just couldn't vote for her and this is coming from a lifelong Democrat who voted for Obama twice. The same thing is happening with the 2020 candidates. Are you kidding me with Biden? I'd argue he's racist too (you see his interview with Charlemagne) or a complete senile idiot. He has claimed he's going to fight racism but what has he done in his 40 year political career? Nothing was done until Obama came along. Biden's a lifelong politician who hasn't done **** besides being Obama's VP.

And I hate the Republicans. A lot of people assume you're one now if you say bad things about Democrats.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bernie had four years to grow his base. He did not. And I like him. But his failure to show proof of concept that his base had expanded rather than just being super passionate about the movement is what did him in this time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics