• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will chime in with Derek on the Don’t Mourn, Organize! recommendation. The guy uses leather that’s thicker than Occidental Leather toolbags, and those things are beasts.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you interested/willing to go Western for the belt leather style, if not the actual buckle?

https://www.sheplers.com/ariat-golden-tooled-western-belt---reg-big/120F77.html

or check out all of these:

https://www.bootbarn.com/mens/accessories/mens-belts/

Lots of options, and for many you can change out the buckle with something else. I have a (thick) tooled leather belt that I got for a western-style fly fishing buckle (there's that frivolous sport again)....

I've thought about it but would probably need s specific western iteration to catch my eye. Otherwise, I'm not really seeking a belt in that style. (Or maybe I am... )

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do we think the margin of differential is between the product as presented and what I will receive if ordering from this vendor? Not casting shade on China, but I know how it be.

s-l1600.jpg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On belts, I ended up getting my super thick belt from a great guy with a small shop in Ameyoko Market in Tokyo. But it turns out we have a really good local leather worker here in my small town in Ontario too, and making belts is no problem for them, and they are happy to have everything specified, so I know where I'm going next. If you can find a good local leather place, and there's probably one closer than you think, they are often better and cheaper than the hip labels.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GUYS. There's a 'Health & Body' section of SF.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI both Ledbury and Need Supply got looted last night so maybe buy something from them to help!

Never shopped at need but I went to see their insta and they are getting a ton of heat for a post they did.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yikes, Need getting ripped to shreds for that post. I'll admit, the post itself does seem lazy and done out of feeling like they had to put *something* up there.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's why I don't have any social media accounts (though I do realize it is a great marketing tool for brands/stores), someone is always going to ***** and whine about something.

I do agree their post was lazy but it doesn't mean that their intentions were bad or that they don't support the protests. I hope the people looting Need weren't any of the ones criticizing them on Instagram. If it was, I hope they are caught and prosecuted.

On another tangent, the video of JR Smith kicking a guy's ass for vandalizing his truck was pretty funny. Instant karma.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Pic for those of us who don’t use the Insta?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's why I don't have any social media accounts (though I do realize it is a great marketing tool for brands/stores), someone is always going to ***** and whine about something.

I do agree their post was lazy but it doesn't mean that their intentions were bad or that they don't support the protests. I hope the people looting Need weren't any of the ones criticizing them on Instagram. If it was, I hope they are caught and prosecuted.

On another tangent, the video of JR Smith kicking a guy's ass for vandalizing his truck was pretty funny. Instant karma.

I liked this post for JR Smith...not prosecuting looters in the middle of a populist uprising. Authority can check itself or else the game board gets flipped.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stay silent if you have nothing to add.

Disagree.

I think they were expressing solidarity even though they weren't sure how to act and would develop something. I think they needed more time to formulate a plan but wanted to get something out there. Hopefully they follow up with something meaningful.

I do understand people's anger. A lot of these issues are because only symbolic half measures have occurred for the most part without enough real change

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was lazy to write the same exact thing on both Need and Totokaelo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads