• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I dislike anything that could be called a clog.

I have no real problem with classic Birkenstock sandals, though -- if it's really too hot for shoes, you might as well let your toes breathe, too.

Since you said "chunky," what do you think of the sandals gtran just posted above?

Fair enough, I was just more curious as to what other shoe would make the (looser) outfits look better as I'm looking for another pair of shoes (not sandals) that fit the bill.

I have a love/hate relationship with Suicoke, I like them but feel they look a little too tech-y at times especially because the strap looks like it has some sheen to it. It makes me feel it will go better with wool pants and less so with more casual jeans or easy pants.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I haven’t been seriously into video games since Goldeneye 007....oddjob or moonraker lady/auto weapons/facility who want it motherfuckers???

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got some Bostons for myself and Arizonas for my wife... I've made a bunch of bad quarantine purchasing decisions, this is not one of them

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crocs rule. I’ve been doing all my quarantine errands in crocs. Birk Boston rule.

they’re comfy. They’re cheap. They have Vibes. Boston’s are the Triple S equivalent for people who buy expensive cheese
You buy Boston’s for the vibes.

I dunno know what Triple S means at all, but I rode a camel named Triple S across the desert near the Indian border with Pakistan, and I agree 100%. Birk bostons are 100% Triple S vibes

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just googled "Triple S" and apparently it's Balenciaga shoes lol. I take that back, I thought it was a wrestler!!!

true.to.size

Reaction score
Hey lads: I want something that's basically a vans slip on that's not canvas and whose soles last for more than like 6 months.

Suggestions?
Another Diemme vote. Their Garda slip on can often be found around $100 if you look for sales, and they are super comfortable and durable. I own a few pairs.

blacklight

Reaction score
Know the discussion is dead already but found it neat that Kerby Jean-Raymond (Pyer Moss) touched on the distinction between being part of a hobbyist community and conspicuous stunting that @LA Guy touched on earlier. Thought I'd share.

Interviewer: Car culture tends to have a certain view on masculinity. Like when we look at music videos–it's very much: cars, girls, the girls dancing on top of the cars.
KJR: Those ain't car guys. In my experience, car culture has redefined masculinity for me.
Interviewer: In what ways?
KJR: It's redefined family. For one, in my car club, there's really poor people, who just have one treasured item: their car. And then we have billionaires–literally billionaires–and we're all equal when it comes to car culture. We exactly the same. There's some people who buy to stunt. They are not part of that car club, they're part of a culture of stunting.

This is how I feel about the difference between what remains of fashion forums vs. Instagram.

Full interview here:

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Pyer Moss make Lambo, Mclaren, Aston money or does the designer work somewhere else alongside? Never really seen the brand out in the wild at all.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, what city? Thought fok lives in bumF Idaho or something
Before all of this - I travelled more than I'd like to have. Now, I am "trapped" im my small town. While I miss some things, regular air travel and living out of a bag is not one of them.

verver

Reaction score
Gotcha. Yes, constant traveling is tiresome. And agree w u regarding exposed toes in city grime. Also can’t stand to see females in flip flops/sandals in the rain.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
regret not buying a pair of suicokes i saw last year on sale.

do like sandals. probably a cultural thing

It's aboot time someone figured out how to charge $330CAD for a pair of Tevas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads