• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I got cheeseburger grease on the front of my Gore Tex jacket (Gore Bike Wear). Anyone have success in removing something like that? Searching online leads me to Grangers Performance Wash or Fibertec Pro Wash...both look like they're well reviewed.

And also, yes, I realize the irony of eating a giant greasy cheeseburger while wearing athletic performance outerwear.

Soooo.....
I can't remember how I got on the article, I think it was because I was looking for answers to get coconut oil stains out of my shirts from all natural deodorant.
I ended up finding an interview with the woman who was in charge of The Blue Man Group's laundry. What a job, it still makes me laugh.
She recommended a product called Puracy. It was fairly inexpensive on Amazon, and it flat out worked.
Nothing else would get the stains out.
I'd give it a shot on your burger juice clothes.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I propose a most frivolous hobby-off. Just before quarantine I went to my second fountain pen convention. Everyone there looked like Richard Attenburough in Jurassic Park
8700c3b29a164305b1012513ce451c01.jpg

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hendrix makes some great points. he's right, some hobbies are bad and frivolous, like video games (which is some real loser nerd ****) while some are productive and meaningful, like posting about your hobby judging criteria on styleforum

basically, i am super cool and smart and everything i do rules

hey look teger wants a fight

i'm shocked

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I propose a most frivolous hobby-off. Just before quarantine I went to my second fountain pen convention. Everyone there looked like Richard Attenburough in Jurassic Park
View attachment 1395923

i've been super into studio pottery lately, today my wife literally told me 'ok, you pick the stoneware service' :inlove::laugh::lol:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1395923

You're using an edited version of that photo. Here is the actual photo

1590546077127.png

You can find the shirt at your favorite local small business online retailer, Norman Walk Alone Dot Com .

Get Ready For Summer

zxcvbn

Reaction score
People have differing amounts of cash, but time is remarkably democratic. It's true that some people can devote all of their time to the pursuits of their hobbies, and others, hardly any at all, but there is a maximum and minimum bound that is not at all commensurate with the relative financial resources.
What does this mean?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does this mean?
the tldr is that everyone has 24 hours a day, and only so much brain energy. While you can buy your way into many things, nerdy knowledge of esoterica is not one of those things.

bencap

Reaction score
View attachment 1395923

I've been slowly getting into fountain pens over the last few months, and it's definitely one of the dorkiest things I've gotten interested in (and the competition is steep). Some fountain pen reviews I've read are amazingly tedious (as I'm sure you know!). I can't even imagine what i's like going to a convention.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a few old Mont Blancs that I inherited from my grandmother that I'm trying to restore to working order, so far trying to identify the model has been very tedious work. Maybe I should just post pics at some pen forum and go from there.

Joytropics

Reaction score
hendrix makes some great points. he's right, some hobbies are bad and frivolous, like video games (which is some real loser nerd ****) while some are productive and meaningful, like posting about your hobby judging criteria on styleforum

basically, i am super cool and smart and everything i do rules

Not sure if this part Is sarcastic but video games really are bad.

For most of my life, I’ve never played video games, but after dipping my toe in during quarantine, I see how addictive they are.

You get a false sense of accomplishment that I think keeps you from doing more meaningful things.

I always try to balance how much of my time is consumed by production v. consumption, and video games seem to tip the balance way too much towards consumption.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Playing a video game is just like reading a chapter of a book, it'll still be there when you come back to it. I.e i've never understood the attraction of binging on something, except booze, etc...

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this part Is sarcastic but video games really are bad.

For most of my life, I’ve never played video games, but after dipping my toe in during quarantine, I see how addictive they are.

You get a false sense of accomplishment that I think keeps you from doing more meaningful things.

I always try to balance how much of my time is consumed by production v. consumption, and video games seem to tip the balance way too much towards consumption.

Monetize your gaming. People make scrillah on their twitch accounts. My brother makes like 500 a week just playing video games.

But this entire discussion was extra strength stupid. Birk talk is better.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was marginally worse

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads