• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the knives posted are like the big dick with erectile dysfunction of knives, sure they're impressive but they won't ever be of any use. Stop cosplaying and get like basic knives you'll (maybe) use. I'm pretty certain 95% of the makers posted have NEVER had a client use their knives for anything remotely useful....

I have basic knives for things like trimming branches, or opening up bark to catch the fire better, etc. Also, lol, cutting salumi. If you do outdoor stuff, you’ll need a knife of some sort. For that everyday type of stuff, I use Kershaws, which makes decent inexpensive knives that you won’t be super pissed to mess up. I also have some Boker knives for similar use. They are higher end, and they make a range of things, from cutlery to replica daggers.

I think that you are missing the point of a really nice knife if you think that it’s for function. It’s basically pocket jewelry. But like say, watches, that it’s also functional make them more interesting. It’s like, this interesting constraint.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ in Sydney a piece of « pocket jewellery » like the ones you posted will get you up to 2 years jail, on the spot
Sure, but here in America, we love our freedumbz.

I also have nice chef’s knives, though my knife cuts are... not those of a trained chef. They are just aesthetically pleasing objects, mostly.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a knife is not pocket jewellery Fok...you've crossed over sorry buddy
Well, in that case, how are you going to protect yourself from the communists and the French?

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, in that case, how are you going to protect yourself from the communists and the French?
You need a bit more tacticool for that

1590259910070.png

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I taught there this past semester. They've been trying to get me to switch over there, but I wonder if the virus situation will stop that. Btw, a friend recently sent me this article mentioning Gavin Newsom and SCU. He talked about it in a press conference today too.

I used to I work for a place headquartered on Great America Parkway and we had a huge SCU cohort. I had an impression that they get a lot of 1st gen students who want to work hard, and I’ve encouraged hiring managers to look for SCU alumni.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads