• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only shave my beard every couple weeks so I hit it with short clippers before I shave.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
whoever is doing the SF instagram, this is an aggressively bad post

*hundreds of thousands of people are furloughed from their jobs*

Really, its the Fast Fashion thats to blame!

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who falls in-between the groups, I don't know if I find anti-millennial or anti-boomer posts worse. Almost like any attempt to generalize an entire generation of people is going to be more wrong than right. Unless you're saying, "Those damn millennials and their constant need to breathe oxygen."

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was prob asked a million times, but any reccs for a bag that could double as diaper bag? It has to have pockets i guess, and not weigh a ton. Anyone? Thanks.

over the years various people have recommended Brady or Chapman fishing bags as diaper bags, including Putthison. this sort of thing, though this isn't my favorite color
option:
canvas fishing bag

and Putthison also has recommended Carhartt or Klein tool bags, like
1585686388420.png

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who falls in-between the groups, I don't know if I find anti-millennial or anti-boomer posts worse. Almost like any attempt to generalize an entire generation of people is going to be more wrong than right. Unless you're saying, "Those damn millennials and their constant need to breathe oxygen."

To be fair, boomers ******* suck

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
To be fair, boomers ******* suck

Generations are relatively useless sociological concepts (their possible meaningful usage is very narrow) and ABSOLUTELY misleading pop-sociological ones. Boomers aren't anything except an age group.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good to know that Teger is still as rosy and cheerful as ever.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
whoever is doing the SF instagram, this is an aggressively bad post

*hundreds of thousands of people are furloughed from their jobs*

Really, its the Fast Fashion thats to blame!

I believe what that quotations is supposed to convey is the fact that fashion had to change anyway because it was unsustainable so you shouldn't go all apeshit about the coronavirus making your industry change.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I believe what that quotations is supposed to convey is the fact that fashion had to change anyway because it was unsustainable so you shouldn't go all apeshit about the coronavirus making your industry change.

it lacks basic empathy for the hundreds of thousands of people losing their jobs and livelihood because of the virus, instead casting their suffering as growing pains typical of any industry. I do hope all the small shops that laid off their employees can take comfort in the knowledge that they were part of needed change.

Pangolin

Reaction score
The solution is to equally hate everybody.
325118b1960c16c003e5a07e9c9fcc89--dagobert-duck-uncle-scrooge.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This was prob asked a million times, but any reccs for a bag that could double as diaper bag? It has to have pockets i guess, and not weigh a ton. Anyone? Thanks.

I don't have any experience with needing to carry a diaper bag, so can't really speak from experience. But Pete and Jesse are fathers and they recommended the bags posted above.

Alex Grant, who used to maintain a menswear blog, has also said he uses a helmet bag as a "dad bag." I don't know if this also means using it to carry diapers, but maybe something to consider. You can find cheap versions of this online or at milsurp stores for about $20 to $40. Upscale Japanese versions are also available from brands like Porter. From what I can tell, the difference is mostly in the material. The cheap version is a bit stiff and utilitarian, while the upscale version is made from a softer fabric.

IMG_6591.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads