• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

UserName84

Reaction score
It’s not a terrible experiment. I think people get haircuts too often for the most part. Not a big deal and getting an extra haircut is harmless to yourself and society.

But why would anyone need a haircut every week or two if he is not in the military? Seems like a waste of time and money.
What the hell are you talking about

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Related, but I was overdue for a haircut when we went into social distancing and the place where I got my haircut closed. I usually get my hair cut every month. Now there is a very good chance I will go 3-4 months with no haircut

This is going to get hilarious

I've been wearing baseball caps more when I go out for a walk (been taking short walks around the neighborhood just to get fresh air, but staying away from people). Also normally get a haircut every two or three weeks, and am not sure I feel comfortable going to the barber before June.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get a cut every other week and the sides/back cleaned up on the off weeks. Definitely overkill, but it's the only way I can ignore the fact that I'm getting more gray hair on the sides and the back than I'm ready to accept.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else growing a quarantine beard? Never grown a beard because I always hit an awkward patch at week 3 and give up.

Feel like now is the time, since I’ll be home for at least a month. If it looks dumb no one will ever know.

Also curious if we will see a bunch of buzz cuts after this is all over.

I always have a beard but I'm going to try to grow a full-on hermit beard while I'm stuck at home. I usually keep it pretty short and well-trimmed. Of course my beard grows really slowly so we'll see if it even amounts to anything.

GeorgeC

Reaction score
This was prob asked a million times, but any reccs for a bag that could double as diaper bag? It has to have pockets i guess, and not weigh a ton. Anyone? Thanks.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get a cut every other week and the sides/back cleaned up on the off weeks. Definitely overkill, but it's the only way I can ignore the fact that I'm getting more gray hair on the sides and the back than I'm ready to accept.

how much less do they charge for a clean up? i always thought pricing for a clean up was a rip off.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else growing a quarantine beard? Never grown a beard because I always hit an awkward patch at week 3 and give up.

Feel like now is the time, since I’ll be home for at least a month. If it looks dumb no one will ever know.

Also curious if we will see a bunch of buzz cuts after this is all over.
i did a full buzz. looks bad but nobody will ever know!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I already got tired of my coronabeard and trimmed it back.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
This was prob asked a million times, but any reccs for a bag that could double as diaper bag? It has to have pockets i guess, and not weigh a ton. Anyone? Thanks.

“Double”? What else will you be carrying? The Herschel backpacks were the least ugly ones I found.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
everyone post your mop
20200331_112425.jpg

One of the few times when this is more trouble than having hair, actually. Mostly because it's a pain ********** to shave it if you let it get too long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads