• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the JMM pop up in NYC. Tried the Bouregards but they looked not so good on me. Then I tried on their Bandit model that comes out next month and I'm in. Slightly alterlered version of the Reynolds style. Put myself on the list for a pair. Thanks @RegisDB9 you should get a referall fee.
View attachment 1342020

where is the pop-up in the city?

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kjb 248 Columbus Ave. Open till 7. I think only today not certain. Their USA sales rep is there and the staff was really helpful and honest about what works and doesn't.

LaymanX

Reaction score
Dang this coronavirus is starting to really pick up outside of China. :/

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Anybody know how to proxy from Vinted? Site doesn't let you make an account without a Euro phone #...

emptym

Reaction score
Whenever people on SF (almost always CM dorks) call pants “strides”, “trew”, or “pents” a part of me dies inside
I've never used the other two, but I use "pents" as a technical term reserved for pants made by Ambrosi.
I regret to inform you that in light of the terrible rolled and cropped pants seen over here, SW&D has lost any moral high ground in this domain
I like that look. Reminds me of junior high in the late 80s. But we would usually fold in the hem before rolling for a more pegged look.
Thought I’d ask here too since this thread may get more traffic,

Any bespoke tailors in the Philippines? Asking for a friend leaving tonight..
I highly recommend Cornell's in Makati. Makes excellent pants and shirts. Jackets are OK. Haven't been there for several years though. There's a thread on this. There's also an area of Manila called Kamuning that sells good fabric, but you have to know what you're looking for. @kevinyapjoco, whom DWW recommended, is a member here too, but he hasn't posted here or on his blog for a couple years.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raf Simons at Prada eh

"Prada added, “The contract is forever, there is no end date to the contract.”"

1160625.jpg

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is Uniqlo heat tech still alright? I need to gear up this year for inside lounging, as I froze ****** off last year. It doesn't snow or anything here, but gale force winter winds in an old house isn't the greatest.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Coldsnap ive bought heattech in tops and leggings in the past year. Lasted a full winter of daily wear but the leggings are starting to thin out. I'd recommend if you're okay with something semi disposable. They also make it extra warm heattech which I haven't tried.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Coldsnap ive bought heattech in tops and leggings in the past year. Lasted a full winter of daily wear but the leggings are starting to thin out. I'd recommend if you're okay with something semi disposable. They also make it extra warm heattech which I haven't tried.

Cool, yea semi disposable is ok. Can't afford any full wool gettups, although hose wear out just as fast.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Uniqlo heat tech still alright? I need to gear up this year for inside lounging, as I froze ****** off last year. It doesn't snow or anything here, but gale force winter winds in an old house isn't the greatest.
I thought it worked fine, but I'm not sure if anyone else had this problem of the length being short on the sleeves and pant legs.

surrender

Reaction score
I've rotated my 9 pairs of heat tech long johns every day since late October and they're holding up well. It still feels weird living somewhere that actually has seasons

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads