• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

javy

Reaction score
anyone know who carries (current) ffixxed besides lanecrawford?

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I regret to inform you that in light of the terrible rolled and cropped pants seen over here, SW&D has lost any moral high ground in this domain
The timeless SWD selfie should hide the pants?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought I’d ask here too since this thread may get more traffic,

Any bespoke tailors in the Philippines? Asking for a friend leaving tonight..

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thought I’d ask here too since this thread may get more traffic,

Any bespoke tailors in the Philippines? Asking for a friend leaving tonight..

There's a guy in the Philipines who writes about bespoke clothing. He may be able to direct your friend. His name is Kevin.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1582318132072.png

Alexidb

Reaction score
0A7C60C9-27C1-4B15-A9E1-F39CE6AA2078.jpeg

I was thinking white trousers to pair with this overshirt/shirt jacket. Any other colours that would seem appropriate?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are peoples experience with bags in the 'helmet bag' style?

Specifically as a carry-on (for when I check a suitcase and don't want a trolley style carry-on)?

Was looking at this from Nemen x Master-Piece:

1582382476359.png

Thoughts on this bag (and the intended use)?

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any examples of good Sukajan/Japanese Souvenir Jacket fits? Not so much of the more modern streetwear versions, but more the vintage and Toyo Tailor heritage styles.

IMG_8509.JPG

This RRL jacket and fit from Statement Store is pretty good, but most fits I find look kinda dad-like. I'm having trouble finding people whose outfits are better for having worn one.

doublerl-rrl-ralphlauren-souvenir-jacket-statement-statementstore-munich-a.jpg

doublerl-rrl-ralphlauren-souvenir-jacket-statement-statementstore-munich-b.jpg

doublerl-rrl-ralphlauren-souvenir-jacket-statement-statementstore-munich-g.jpg

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, yesterday I went to a store that carries JMM and I tried them on. Holy hell, I have never tried any glasses that looks worse on me (I have a narrow face which doesn’t help). Regis looks so fly and I look like a try hard and I’m pretty sad about it.

Conversely, tried on a pair of vintage NOS aviators from the 50s that looked pretty sweet. Really expensive though. (Are vintage NOS frames expensive, period?).
Went to the JMM pop up in NYC. Tried the Bouregards but they looked not so good on me. Then I tried on their Bandit model that comes out next month and I'm in. Slightly alterlered version of the Reynolds style. Put myself on the list for a pair. Thanks @RegisDB9 you should get a referall fee.
IMG_20200222_154411.jpg

They also gave me a cool lens cleaner sprayer and their catalogue is printed like a newspaper which is dope.
IMG_20200222_164302.jpg

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads