• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate chemicals and I try to dress exclusively in clothes that look ok wrinkled...but my wife likes it. Maybe it’s a slightly different Downy pump bottle, but not much different. She just hangs up our stuff and sprays it when it’s already out of the dryer (or a surprise mist when I’m already wearing stuff) and it works fine. It smells like soap, but quickly dissipates.

I have no idea how environmentally friendly it is.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with ironing with a screen?

boozwah

Reaction score
Suggestions for a pair of slim black jeans?

My go-to's have always been Uniqlo Selvedge Slim Fits, but I have found their jeans don't fit very well anymore. I tried Levi's 511s but the quality was really poor (thin material that attracted lint and pet hair).

I may just buy 3sixteens or Acne's but would rather not drop $200+ for a pair of everyday jeans.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Suggestions for a pair of slim black jeans?

My go-to's have always been Uniqlo Selvedge Slim Fits, but I have found their jeans don't fit very well anymore. I tried Levi's 511s but the quality was really poor (thin material that attracted lint and pet hair).

I may just buy 3sixteens or Acne's but would rather not drop $200+ for a pair of everyday jeans.

I like Circle of Freinds. IMO, black jeans look better when they're very slim and a bit tapered, but most slim-tapered cuts are a bit low on the rise. COF has two fits, the M1 and M2, which are slimmer than 3sixteens SL, but higher in the rise than their ST. I can't remember which is the slimmer of the two, but I think it's the M1. That model is genuinely very slim without being SLP slim. I think it's a good cut if you can't squeeze into super skinny jeans.

Standard & Strange carries them.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Circle of Freinds. IMO, black jeans look better when they're very slim and a bit tapered, but most slim-tapered cuts are a bit low on the rise. COF has two fits, the M1 and M2, which are slimmer than 3sixteens SL, but higher in the rise than their ST. I can't remember which is the slimmer of the two, but I think it's the M1. That model is genuinely very slim without being SLP slim. I think it's a good cut if you can't squeeze into super skinny jeans.

Any good straight fit jeans with just a touch of taper

Friend

Reaction score

Seconding COF, they make great black jeans. The M1 is the slimmer fit between those two, and they also do a slim tapered fit called the M7 which is likely the slimmest of them, but still has a very comfortable top block. They have a little stretch which makes the fit a touch more forgiving, too. Here's a pic wearing a pair of the washed black M7s (size 30, which is TTS in most cases for me).

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
everlane denim is very good. good stretch, thick, heavier fabric, higher rise.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RRL Low Straight or Slim, think slim narrow is too slim unless you have chicken feet..

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whenever people on SF (almost always CM dorks) call pants “strides”, “trew”, or “pents” a part of me dies inside

I regret to inform you that in light of the terrible rolled and cropped pants seen over here, SW&D has lost any moral high ground in this domain

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads