• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
View attachment 1326404

Curb Your Enthusiam is back, and with it, fresh takes on Larry David’s (non-)style: plain sneakers and boring, but nicer than average, shirt and slacks, capped with an unstructured blazer so thin and labile it’s often mistaken for a cardigan. Some mention “bros”; others, normcore. (<- peep that semicolon). It’s either apolitical or deeply political, careless or deeply affected (the “sprezzzz”). It’s boring and maybe terrible, but I’m drawn to it — not entirely out of laziness. I like slacks. I like jackets.

I think he’d look good in some white Vans.

From a recent interview with GQ:

He has a code: One should wear only one “nice” piece of clothing at a time. “Otherwise it's too much,” he says. “Too dressed. You have to be half-dressed. That's my fashion theory, since you asked: Half Is More.”

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replying to Derek's waving away of privacy concerns upthread. "If you're so concerned about privacy use a dumb phone", "Doubleclick did it and nobody cared" etc.

I was quite taken aback to hear such a position from him.
Yeah, I was a bit a surprised as well. Very dismissive like a cartoon Capt Edward Smith "Iceberg, schmiceberg..."

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AB3DEA98-8F92-489F-8E61-AD43DA2A8EB5.jpeg

Finally

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
View attachment 1326404

Curb Your Enthusiam is back, and with it, fresh takes on Larry David’s (non-)style: plain sneakers and boring, but nicer than average, shirt and slacks, capped with an unstructured blazer so thin and labile it’s often mistaken for a cardigan. Some mention “bros”; others, normcore. (<- peep that semicolon). It’s either apolitical or deeply political, careless or deeply affected (the “sprezzzz”). It’s boring and maybe terrible, but I’m drawn to it — not entirely out of laziness. I like slacks. I like jackets.

I think he’d look good in some white Vans.

Does Larry have access to deadstock 90s Airwalks?

dkt

Reaction score
I just don't like the guy, he is ugly as **** and he looks like he stepped out of the ghetto to play ball. And he is taking the easy way out on how to win a championship. He should try to play all 82 games in a season at least once in his career or he should be a bench player. Faking an "injury" all season long and then playing 20+ playoff games in a row is just being dishonest. He also has an abismal 9,237 career points (compared to 33,655 from LeBron James) and he really thinks he is on the same level as the GOAT and be better than him.

Spoken Truth.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aside from designers themselves, such as Rick Owens, does anyone know of any good SWD style icons that are over the age of 50? Ideally people outside of the fashion industry, but also happy to take suggestions of people within the fashion trade.

Especially interested in people who wear more challenging outfits, like Rick Owens stuff, after the age of 50.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics