• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s awful seeing every other person wearing one of those coats , usually along with cropped trousers and extra chunky filas etc

?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think he means the ladies.

Anyways, it’s nice not having a Uniqlo in your state. When you travel, its fun seeing people decked out like the internets, not depressing.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d agree that most people should probably explore other options if they’re just casually running a few miles here or there and they do feel weird when you’re not running... but otherwise I’m going to have to disagree with you.
In my experience (I’ve run multiple marathons and halfs in both the 4% and the next%, and have a bunch of friends that race in them) they’ve worked for people at a variety of ability levels and stride types. Also they’re plenty durable for a racing shoe, I have about 300mi on my older pair and they’re still going.

I’m with on the 4%, I’ve seen those things last. I’ve just been told not expect the same out of the nexts. But every runner is different and some seem to squeeze miles out of shoes I can’t fathom.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oscar Wilde cosplay on the right, innit?
Yeah, it is a bit Oscar Wilde-y. I guess coats like that can look good on larger-than-life Falstaff-types but they are ridiculous on most guys.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know gray is so neutral, but when I see gray haired dudes in gray it looks so dope to me.
In oversize fuzzy robe coats? It's like something a large Muppet would wear standing behind Kermit and the gang.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking gray in general, but yeah, that coat too. But don’t listen to me, I think a lot of weird stuff is cool. Except tabis and Crocs.
Your taste is excellent, no worries there. We can't all like the same stuff. That would be boring. The Silver Fox look is timeless and I hope to affect it myself eventually.

Last edited:

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rowing Blazers really out here selling those duffel bags that companies give for free for 300+ :confused2:

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but will those $250 Nikes enhance my twenty minute elliptical training/TV watching routine

dkt

Reaction score
Hello

What is everyone's thoughts on brown sweaters? I bought this brown sweater, because it was deeply on sale, I was wondering should I keep or return it? I usually don't like wearing anything brown because it looks dirty, but the price was too good to pass up, although I can see why they have it on sale. What is everyone's opinion on the sweater?

m1F2X1G.jpg

An update to my previous post about the dirty brown color sweater.

I went to the store to pick it up and the color was even much worse in person, I thought to refund it right away when then I thought I could exchange it for another color and I did because they still had some stock left in my size! Overall a pretty good buy, I bought a cheap ugly brown sweater online and got a nice colored one in exchange.

Here is a pic (dirty brown colour on the left, the new one I exchanged for on the right):

X53Rlop.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads