• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never did understand why they banned those...

Jonas251

Reaction score
lol @ people wanting to buy these for jogging around their neighborhood

this same sentiment could be carried over to pretty much everything that goes on here. The reason people want those shoes is the same reason they want Lemaire and dries. It’s not the way in which it affects their lives it’s the way in which it makes them feel.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Only three colognes I’ll ever need:

TF Tobacco Vanille my all time #1
TF Oud Wood my most complimented
TF Tuscan Leather the one most likely to make others convulse/have allergic reactions

Btw woke up to 40 degrees today....Jesus..obligatory:

Alexidb

Reaction score
not really fashion, anyone ever bought kids stuff from jcrew? I stick mostly with muji/mini boden for basics, and Zara for "interesting" stuff. One thing I found issue with typical american brand (say RL/Gap/Old Navy) is the arm/leg are usually too long but also too slim at the same time, guess I just got a chubby kid... (though she is actually 50 percentile or maybe she is just really asian on the thigh front :p)?

My older kids did a fair amount of JCrew, Gap Kids, LLBean. My little ones are still in the miniboden & Polarn O. Pyret stage.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
got a jcrew item for cheap guess we will see the quality...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are bold patterned suit linings dumb? sad for yes, like for no
They are sorta in the same category as fun socks, I think. I saw a lot of them in the mid 2000s, when MTM started becoming popular, and guys started doing things just because they could.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only three colognes I’ll ever need:

TF Tobacco Vanille my all time #1
TF Oud Wood my most complimented
TF Tuscan Leather the one most likely to make others convulse/have allergic reactions

Btw woke up to 40 degrees today....Jesus..obligatory:

View attachment 1322257
Honestly, I find 40-55 to be about as comfortable as it gets. With a small heat lamp, 50 is about as great as it gets for sitting outside at night with just a tee and a jacket. Did this in Rome a few weeks ago, drinking Negronis. Basically only a few people around during low season. As good as it gets.

Alexidb

Reaction score
got a jcrew item for cheap guess we will see the quality...
That’s the nice part, they always seem to be on sale. For my 12 year old we’ve never paid more then $12 for a JCrew shirt. Unfortunately with kids clothes, even in the same brand there is no size consistency. Trying to take a grade school kid clothes shopping to try stuff on is madness.

Alexidb

Reaction score
@Superb0bo
Thought you might get a kick out of this, I need 120 hours of field work this summer for my Master Gardener. I’m going to be working with Garden On The Hill.

Garden On The Hill, I’m gonna be a GOTH gardener!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mine is 3 years old, no way I'm going to the changing room, it's just going to take forever, so the true and tried, free shipping and return...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads