• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you learned how to run properly you wouldn't have knee issues.

That's not entirely true (particularly after a certain age), but definitely running in very cushioned shoes isn't going to help your form. However, if you're just a casual runner, comfort for the amount of time you do run is probably going to be more important than form.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Gonna get my fragrances back in check now. But

Tuscan Leather

Vanille Banane

Vanille Black Berry

Le Labo The Noir 29 (My fav fragrance atm)

Viktor and Rolf Spice Bomb Extreme

havent worn any of these in 5 months so its time to re the **** up

What cologne are guys here wearing? I don’t wear anything regularly but really considering just picking up a bottle of Creed to wear when going out.

And I take it for something like Creed I best go direct rather than Walmart?

looking for a scent that most people would find inoffensive. I have a bottle of vetyver in the office but I got some complaints before.

dkt

Reaction score
Hello

I know there are a lot of denimheads on here, I was wondering is this worth anything if I try to sell it, here or on eBay? (I am just asking, I know this isn't the section for selling stuff).
It is a cotton sweater made with yarn dyed with indigo, pretty neat?
It has been a while since I bought a sweater and I bought it and forgot that they tend to stretch after washing, now I have a too big sweater.

Y13HEdJ.jpg

B96l1j6.jpg

Jonas251

Reaction score
Isn’t there a drake song called Tuscan leather?

my scent is dove cucumber deodorant, I rub it all over my body and face. Makes me irresistible. don’t @ me

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello

I know there are a lot of denimheads on here, I was wondering is this worth anything if I try to sell it, here or on eBay? (I am just asking, I know this isn't the section for selling stuff).
It is a cotton sweater made with yarn dyed with indigo, pretty neat?
It has been a while since I bought a sweater and I bought it and forgot that they tend to stretch after washing, now I have a too big sweater.

Y13HEdJ.jpg

B96l1j6.jpg

You can search for any product on eBay and filter for completed listings to see what they sell for.

JewishAmericana

Reaction score
What ish truly rideeculosh but also brilliant about dish sweater is not that the label makes it valuable--that ish just the standard logic of commodity fetishism. No. Here, the label itshelf ish supposed to be creeptically empty, with no identifying name and so forth, although, of coursh, those in the know--fellow commodity fetishists and so forth--will still identify the label as such. But what ish truly brilliant ish that the public-facing sign is the stitching that holds together the sweater and the label--the commodity and its signifier. The commodity ish just another sweater--probably made by Chinese immigrants technically in Eetaly--and the label tries to pretend that it ish a non-signifier. But now the fetishism has been relocated to the fragile pieces of stitching that bind together the empty signifier to the generic signified. In the perverse culture of late capeetalism, that stitching becomes the slightly dishplaced object of fetishism--to be appreciated with a knowing wink, because even someone who shpends eight hundred dollars or whatever on a sweater knowsh this is ridiculous, and delights in it. thish is just a new twist on the obshene invitation to enjoy--to enjoy the stupidity and the fragility of commodity fetishism.
One of the best Zizek posts I’ve ever seen

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a proxy service which deals with Mercari? Zenmarket can't apparently.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone run in these yet? Link is a Bloomberg piece on the new NIke "super shoe" edging out Asics. Not sure why the link won't show properly.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone has good recommendations for running shoes suitable for running on somewhat slick/icy city streets (not trail running)? My normal shoes are not cutting it once the melted snow becomes frozen overnight.

agree with the rest, i use trail shoes in the snowy and icy city as the bigger tread and grippier rubber help a bit more with traction. not to say i'm immune to slipping but they are better than my road shoes. i use the brooks cascadia 13 which i think is an all around excellent trail shoe.

Anyone run in these yet? Link is a Bloomberg piece on the new NIke "super shoe" edging out Asics. Not sure why the link won't show properly.

i tried them but they don't fit my feet, but i have a few friends that race in these. the impression is they are worth the money if you fit as a very specific criteria. they are NOT trainers in any sense (specifically a race shoe that may get 150 miles total before they break down) and do not work well if you have anything other than a solid forefoot strike. that said, if they work for you they will make you faster.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i tried them but they don't fit my feet, but i have a few friends that race in these. the impression is they are worth the money if you fit as a very specific criteria. they are NOT trainers in any sense (specifically a race shoe that may get 150 miles total before they break down) and do not work well if you have anything other than a solid forefoot strike. that said, if they work for you they will make you faster.
Thanks for the input. I usually wear a wide and I see that is not an option on their website. Just curious overall. I run for general physical fitness and don't race much anymore. Looking for to Spring and longer days so I can cycle more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads