• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you could only hit one store in the Seattle area what would it be? I’ll be visiting the in-laws for Christmas again this year and I’ll have only a brief chance to get out and check things out. I usually wear pretty unassuming stuff, with lot of workwear influences in winter, but starting to lean gently more towards CM stuff and trying out Schneider and Lemaire.
I would personally go to Blue Owl (www.blueowl.us), which I feel has more interesting stock, but Division Road (https://divisionroadinc.com/) is also good, given your tastes.

verver

Reaction score
Ok thx, I’ll check it out the article. Good quality stuff?
also considering DVN suit- well made?

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want to get deep into PJT his up the Aussie members' thread in CM, a TON of experience and knowledge about the brand.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So ur saying these r suits that 40 yr pseudo surfers buy?

18 east = 40 year old skater

PJT = 40 year old surfer

DvN = 40 year old magician

i hope this is helpful for you

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After ******** on them in conversation with you in this forum two years ago, I got a pair of Golden Geese for myself. And... I like them.

For me, their negative image is derived, at least in part, from heavy association with a certain type of Southern California personality the likes of this, or this, or this.

I just visited the Golden Goose Soho location.

Never again.
details details bring us along

You enter a hall of mirrors, their corners frosted black by the souls who have peered into them. You know not the depth of this mausoleum. You stumble. A corroded length of rebar divides: two paths in symmetry, leading to unknown synthesis. Suspended from this steel vein, a single coat hanger bearing the sloughed hide of David Bowie, silver and glittering.

You walk, for you know not how long, the false eyelashes of fallen Instagram stars carpeting your path. Abandoned shoes emerge and dissolve within this infinity corridor, each one bearing a celestial birthmark. You wonder if you are witnessing the death of a galaxy.

The drone of low, indiscernible speech wafts toward you. The drone grows louder.

You arrive, suddenly, in a glass chamber. Shoeboxes and tissue paper litters the floor. A glass encasement stands at one end, its contents a formless substance of indescribable, inconstant hue. You are enthralled by its violent dance, but you realize your gaze is shared by others. Adjacent, a husband, wife and daughter clad in Sunday best beam as they stare blankly into the menagerie.

In an opposing corner, two wizened crones lick their lips, snaggleteeth slicing tongues, as they huddle over a pair of silver Superstars, each regarding a shoe as it were a glass slipper.

Poised at the edge of a fainting couch, a young woman babbles mindlessly, her eyes addressing the back of her skull.

“You see, my first pair were V-Stars, but I soon found I much preferred the Purestars and so you know I had to get myself a pair. But then my friend showed up to brunch wearing a pair of Hi Stars and I was immediately like ‘Girl, give me your shoes’. She refused, so I took a fork to her optical nerve and don’t you know I received so many compliments on my new Hi Stars walking to yoga. But then I found I have a blister, and so I’m worried that they may not be the best size for me. I’m a 39 in the V-Stars, but a 40 in the Purestars, and while these Hi Stars are a 40, I think I might actually be a 41, although I feel like the distressed leather of this version makes them a little tighter than the ones with regular leather and does the raised insole settle the same in this model as the others?”

On a glass shelf of indiscernible proximity or distance, child-sized replicas. A voice emerges from the droning ether:

"These are just too cute! I must get Ozzy a pair. No, two!"

A deacon to this dark mass desperately beseeches your glance. His eyes plead for release. A mob of communicants descends, piercing his flesh with their cheekbones, devouring. His last gurgled utterance: “Handmade… Artisanal distressing… Craftsmanship…” A disembodied foot lands before you. It is wearing red and gold Ball Stars.

The storeroom door creaks open, unabetted. Beyond its unwelcome entry, an ineffable horror: Cthulhu checking the inventory list. They are wearing purple Mid Stars.

As the rot consumes, in the last remaining shard of reflective surface you catch hold of a fragmented visage: the eyes that stare back upon you are hollow. Falling into their inky abyss, suspended in nothing, in the distance the faint glimmer of a golden star.

(Apologies to @g transistor ).

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture of foo in slp

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads