• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

mmmargeologist

Reaction score
@mmmargeologist, Goldwin makes a lightweight trench, here in olive and black. I really liked the parka they had a couple years ago.
Thanks y’all! I ended up picking up this Camoshita Trench on deep sale.

Description says it’s lightweight and it should be a good raincoat for work.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks y’all! I ended up picking up this Camoshita Trench on deep sale.

Description says it’s lightweight and it should be a good raincoat for work.
Nice coat! I noticed two things on the Lanvin coat I posted. It costs $2145 and the care instructions say "machine wash" which seems like a red flag to me. I don't think I could spend that much on something and then chuck it into the washer, synthetic or not!

Also, when I clicked on the Barneys link in my original post and in your quote it got hijacked by Shopstyle.com. Never noticed that before here on SF.

Last edited:

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bayed a 30s union suit made of sweatshirt fleece some time ago, the loopwheeler product can be remarkably different than the standard latch hook machine stuff. i'd pay attention to the fabrics along with the fit, especially the pile side, i'm pretty convinced a sweatshirt should be able to be worn next to skin super comfy.

the 80s-90s champion (the stuff with rayon) is a great product but not loopwheeled. i'm super curious to handle some merz schwanen i do like the Nike loop wheel stuff but i don't think they do that anymore.

emptym

Reaction score
^I agree that the older Champion and Russell stuff is great. Some of it is better than Merz Schwanen imo, although I only have one MS piece to compare with the Champion and Russell stuff. I have a bunch of that, leftover from high school and college sports.

Coincidentally, I got my lone MS t at Union Made. I stopped by today and the guys at the men's shop said they haven't been told officially that the store is closing, but they've heard rumors. The woman at the woman's shop said she was sure that both are closing.

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inspiration from polo for cowboy boys. i've been wearing my drake's sport coats with snap denim shirts and jeans. the belt and boots are too cowboy for me right now, but i could get there. i know i've seen lucchese jonah boots (@troika??) that could be used as a gateway drug to cowboy boots

View attachment 1223709
Yes and yes! Please do this. Western is the only logical move left to make

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.