• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score
I just need something that doesn’t turn my jacket arms blue, which has apparently been happening. What do I buy for that?

Might you be using an aluminium based stick? I know there can sometimes be a chemical reaction, although I don't know how you would get blue stains.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i legit dont sweat when i workout. you have to nearly kill me in a hot ass room for me to get sweaty. like i can bust out a crossfit metcon and just be a little damp.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was staining my Tommy John undershirts with regular deodorant. Switched to this stuff. Seems to work as advertised.

Capture 5.JPG

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really think instead of worrying so much about the brand of antiperspirant/deodorant you're using, you should just apply your antiperspirant at night before you go to sleep. They're actually more effective that way, and you don't have to worry about them staining your clothes.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really worried about perspiring, just smelling. Simple deodorant works well and doesn't stain my shirts.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1197572
I don't understand using anything else. I've tried a bunch and this is the best.

I tried ordering some on Amazon through a third party, but it never arrived. :mad: Opted to get some other natural deodorant at Whole Foods instead because I didn't want to wait any longer.

I may decide to pony up for M+G or Aesop if they really are effective for at least half a day. For me, one side can smell more than the other and the ones I've used only tend to last for a few hours max.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Might you be using an aluminium based stick? I know there can sometimes be a chemical reaction, although I don't know how you would get blue stains.

That’s what I was wondering, whether it’s some kind of chemical thing that can be avoided, or if the colors are just smearing because of sweat.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm a pretty sweaty guy and have had reasonable success with dove stain defense. keeps me dry and does as it says, no issues on my shirts in over a year. it's relatively cheap and potent so a light spray lasts all day.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@kjb so you're sayin' you just spray this on in the morning n you don't sweat/smell AND it doesn't stain?

yeah i'd say it works pretty well for me. a light spray in the morning and no real issues with smell or sweat, and nothing on my shirts. i don't wear undershirts either so this has been a nice find.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From your resident lover of 95+ degree weather, what keeps me smelling great is some Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille and:

My favourite scent!

Have you tried any of the 1821 products? I use the bodywash and hair putty - has a scent very very similar to the above. They even make a cologne which smells close to TF at first.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads