• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it common for SNS Herring sweaters hem to be really tight? I sorta got to tuck itself under the sweater if that makes sense..

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the young designers. The entire fashion press will be there for one person only

Except if you win and Margiela was one of the judges that sorta makes it extra special maybe?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
martin margiela is going to be on the judges panel at andam

https://www.vogue.com/article/martin-margiela-will-judge-this-years-andam-prize

"At the end of 2018, the team here at Vogue Runway wagered on a bold prediction for the year to come: That somehow, in some way, Martin Margiela would return to fashion. From our mouths to God’s ears. Today, it was announced that the reclusive designer who departed his namesake brand in 2009 would be a judge for the 2019 ANDAM Prize.

Margiela will be on a panel of judges who include M/M Paris founders Michaël Amzalag and Mathias Augustyniak, photographer Harley Weir, and Vogue Paris editor in chief Emmanuelle Alt. Together they will choose the winners of ANDAM’s prizes for young designers."

@RegisDB9 this is your chance bro if not now then when? enter to win.

tenor.gif

On my way to submit my bukkake collab

maison-margiela-fusion-destroyed-1.jpg

The Maison will love these

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any good recommendations for merino wool baselayers now that Ibex isn’t around anymore? I have been using heat tech which is nice but I’m trying to move to natural fibers for baselayers, and merino is just so nice anyways.

This would be used ideally for outdoor cold weather. Both for actively moving as well as sleeping at camp. Maybe a fashion forum isn’t the best place for this but outdoor communities can be so whack sometimes and I trust y’all. @zissou @sipang ?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of my baselayers are Icebreaker merino. I swear by that stuff. I try to find it on sale, though, as it’s spendy.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You could also look at Ramblers Way. Seems to have gone a little bit #dapper since I bought something from them last.

Alexidb

Reaction score
I’m a fan of Smartwool. I wear their merino undies most days and I’ve got numerous base layers from them in different weights.

I’ve a friend who likes this stuff:
https://armadillomerino.com/
Anyone have any good recommendations for merino wool baselayers now that Ibex isn’t around anymore? I have been using heat tech which is nice but I’m trying to move to natural fibers for baselayers, and merino is just so nice anyways.

This would be used ideally for outdoor cold weather. Both for actively moving as well as sleeping at camp. Maybe a fashion forum isn’t the best place for this but outdoor communities can be so whack sometimes and I trust y’all. @zissou @sipang ?

Last edited:

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another vote for IB. They have a good range in terms of fit and material make up (100% merino or blended) and I appreciate their brand story.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smartwool.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll check out icebreaker. How often do they go on sale?

Not a huge fan of smartwool personally. I feel like they’ve really degraded in quality throughout the years. All my socks that I’ve owned from them have absolutely gotten trashed, but my darn tough merino stuff is still holding up strong.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can find Icebreaker at least 20% off if you watch for coupons. Or, you can sometimes find it cheaper at places like Mountain Steals, Sierra Trading Post, or other clearance sites.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads