1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 3, 2018.

1. steveoffice

steveoffice Distinguished Member

is r/mfa worth browsing?

edit: doesn't seem like it

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 12:38 PM

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Ha! Marie-Kondo you are not really helping.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/persona...e-spring-cleaning-what-to-donate-sell-vs-toss

Sucks with the over consumption people get into (e.g. clothing). And from my previous readings on how donation centers work, this is terrible news.

Edit:
    Also, there may be some parallels with this article, which I found refreshing https://www.perell.com/blog/what-the-hell-is-going-on. Part of the article speaks to the online community today and dissemination of information. Perhaps one day more people can find places like Styleforum to be informed of their personal clothes and make better decisions on what to consume as well as the end of life cycle (i.e. donate or resell (NMWA x Luxeswap comes to mind)). Sup @Omega Male

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 12:43 PM

3. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 3.43.14 PM.png
    But how much can I get for raw denim in for a size 22 waist?

4. troika

troika Distinguished Member

For those who care, I've been listening to the gq style podcast, and tbh I don't really like the new vibe after will Welch left. I love that Rachel Tashjian is in it now, but all they talk about is high fashion, I kinda miss the crunchier/hippier vibe that will brought to the table. I liked the discussion about online ceramics, Evan Kinori, rth shop, etc. It's more accessible I guess. What are people's thoughts?

5. bencap

bencap Well-Known Member

Damn, they talked about Evan Kinori on GQ style? If so, I'm happy for him, that's rad. I didn't think he had that much media visibility past his own social media account(s) but I'm also particularly well informed about that kind of stuff.

6. King Calder

King Calder Senior Member

I 100% agree, I really liked Will and Rachel is a great addition to the show but Sam doesn't really add much, he's a very timid host. I thought the last episode about bags would have been more interesting if there had been a more structured discussion around the history, the houses, and the trends, etc...I mostly feel lost listening to the high fashion content because I'm not super familiar with it, but I am learning a bit I guess.

The Evan Kinori episode is a really nice interview, I don't have any of his clothes but have definitely been browsing more since I listened.

7. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

Hm, I really like the old Will and Noah episodes, and also these Rachel, Sam, and Noah episodes. I don't feel like my view of the show has changed much. It's a nice mix of informed views, but also not taking this subject too seriously. All those people have great taste, so the "vibes" run through at the end is always nice.

It's a little less about skate-inspired clothes, Evan Kinori, and crunchy hippie stuff nowadays, but you can only talk about a certain aesthetic for so long. I also think of the podcast as being generally about fashion and not about a specific look. I don't think they get too deep into Raf archive talk or whatever. It continues to feel accessible, but also interesting to me.

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Distinguished Member

@dieworkwear i saw this quiltesque Beams+ piece on mrp and thought of you

[​IMG]

9. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Distinguished Member

10. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Not feeling that pattern at all.

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Yes. I like African wax prints (looks like that’s the patterns here) and quilts but this doesn’t quite do either justice.

12. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Distinguished Member

r/mfa is a support group for normcore.

13. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior Member

Totokaelo carries Stephan Schneider.

Baby and Co. is worth a look too.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Lol at dis du didn't get into USC

15. Ds13

Ds13 Distinguished Member

Anyone know wtf is going on with sns hernings Instagram?