1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 3, 2018.

1. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

enemas are v v important fwiw Bene to confirm

2. verver

verver Senior Member

Oh yes. Or otherwise you’d have to digitally disimpact the patient to get them ready (bowel prepped) for surgery. Not pleasant.

And by digitally- nothing to do with tech/computers

3. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Distinguished Member

Okay, according to my wife, one thing is that she has this really fake girly way of speaking and hyper-gendered manners, which most progressive women of her generation have abandonned. You actually see this in some of the western reviews which like Kondo - how like a 'pixie' she is or how cute. It's really affected. The other thing is that far from seeming spiritual or imbued with the spirit of Shinto (and I've seen some really over-the-top defences of Kondo saying this kind of thing), she actually seems like she has some serious personal problems, which she's transformed into some universalizing philosophy.

4. Benesyed

Benesyed Distinguished Member

That last part i agree with it sounds like she might have OCD. And I don't mean that in the pop culture sense, the intro sort of hints at it when it mentions how she was obsessed with cleaning as a child to the point that it impaired with her daily well being. That does not spark joy.

Also i imagine progressivism is not as popular in Japan as it is in the US (and even here depending on what that means support is 55% or lower). I sort of hid in my comment previously my sense that more progressive japanese women probably did find her bizarre and caricatured. That being said I have a feeling based off the little bits i know about japanese culture that the majority of women probably find her appealing (this number more so inflated by older generations).

5. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior Member

That's the story of humanity, right here...

6. HommeBoy007

HommeBoy007 Senior Member

Not a bad house to align yourself with - not sure if you identify with the brand of Margiela himself since the brand has changed its creative direction a few times in the past, especially after Margiela left in 2009(?)

7. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Reply: Closets

I think I’ve posted mine before, but I’ve narrowed it down and wanted a small one to avoid having too many clothes. Even took out a couple shelves.....and no the dirt from my shoes doesn’t jump onto my knits and shirts...

E213CA89-8D08-4047-816C-FABF5FCC88CC.jpeg
    3BCCDAFA-5767-4757-A096-B8F10FBE40C6.jpeg

8. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Distinguished Member

Can you come organize my closet please

9. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Senior Member

^Thats dope. ontopic: TSPTR tees/sweats; anyone know how these are sized? American sized or EU or JP sized?

10. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

The boys were meant to be free brah

Cmon brooo I made the Margiela thread
    https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...n-martin-margiela-thread.592426/#post-9085489

Ha, but really I started out just buying from some sales on YOOX and the old e-boutique and about 4 or 5 years ago I began to discover pre-2006 Margiela and back then the pieces were hard to find, now they are a lot more accessible but at 4-7 times the price. I prefer the 2001-2006 era as my sweet spot. Galliano has made some really nice pieces but for me it’s about 1-2 pieces a season that I really like and consider buying

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Aren't some of the major appliances makers European? That just sounds like lack of local knowledge and, of course, slight cultural differences that can be disconcerting. I mean lots of people move to the UK and go apeshit when they have to use the separate hot/cold taps.

Appliances tend to be smaller, which is also a trend in very large American cities now (small apartments). You'll note that the average large European city wasn't built with cars in mind, has public transportation everywhere and that you can shop for food extremely conveniently within 5 mins of your apartment so no one needs to have a large fridge home, better to pickup what you need every day or two without even needing to go out of your way. I'M not even sure you can say that about NYC and good bread (ok, somewhat if you,re in a really nice neighborhood).

The dryer thing though, yeah those combined dryers don,t work that well, still need to hang clothing afterwards so if you hate that you need a washer/dryer. Considering styleforum nerds probably hang dry their tee shirts and dress shirts I'm assuming you're talking about bedding and underwear so no biggie I guess.

I guess different standard sizes for mattresses might also frustrate people who move in with their linens and you have plenty of problems like that but then that'll be true of all your electrical appliances.

12. double00

double00 Distinguished Member

Sounds decidedly analog

13. HommeBoy007

HommeBoy007 Senior Member

Dang I’ll deff check in there more often. Older Margiela is definitely the best for my tastes but I can vibe with Galliano’s margiela as well. I’m pretty over the Tabi boot movement but there are still a few pieces that I find myself eyeing from season-to-season. I wish he’d bring back some of the better combat boot models tbh.

14. Benesyed

Benesyed Distinguished Member

only i netflix picks it up as a series

15. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Would accept payment in Margiela

Man Galliano has gone full tabi as I like to say. Everything is tabi with this guy. It’s not surprising that when Margiela puts out descent looking boots they sell out. Used to be you could count on every boot showing up on YOOX a couple months later in a full size run....maybe that’s the intention