• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Apparently there is a palm springs in palm beach for some odd reason.

Well, OK. I didn't know that. But looking at the map, it does not strike me as where you would ever find a Kennedy, much less the sitting President. Wrong side of the causeway.

Could be wrong about that. Maybe it was a tonier ZIP in 1961.

Only one Palm Beach playboy, rep 561

Web_DeSaturatedf_8_2017_A295_Clock_Tower_at_Palm_Beach_Island_Worth_Avenue_Original_Kimo_WIZHSOIR.jpg

did denise huxtable make this?

View attachment 1126957

Slap 4 stitches on the back and I’d shill for it

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got to with Lilly.

I actually have a great pair of Lilly Pulitzer trousers handed down to me. Some sort of orange and blue jungle and lion print.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some ugly shoe advice. Which pair should I get for casual wear? Seeing these more w light and dark denim, olive, and shades of brown. I don't have charcoal / gray casual pants yet, and don't see myself wearing these with work stuff in an Engineered Garments-y way because most of my work stuff is too formal for that. If I ever go that route I'll consider picking a pair of these up in black or burgundy. I really wish there were a color between those 2. I'm particularly concerned about pairing these w shades of khaki or tan.

Capture+_2019-02-15-16-31-19.png

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some ugly shoe advice. Which pair should I get for casual wear? Seeing these more w light and dark denim, olive, and shades of brown. I don't have charcoal / gray casual pants yet, and don't see myself wearing these with work stuff in an Engineered Garments-y way because most of my work stuff is too formal for that. If I ever go that route I'll consider picking a pair of these up in black or burgundy. I really wish there were a color between those 2. I'm particularly concerned about pairing these w shades of khaki or tan.

View attachment 1127104
I like the color of the first one, but the soles look bad (in that pic at least). I have the dark version and I find them way more versatile than I first thought.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the soles are a big turnoff. Remind me of Timberland soles.

NO MERCY

Reaction score

View attachment 1127104

Paraboot is offering the Michael in a bunch of colors this year, maybe some are more to your liking?
ebony grain.jpg
gold.jpg
lisse cafe.jpg
lisse marron.jpg
natural.jpg
nubuck gringo.jpg
velvet army.jpg
velvet cafe.jpg
velvet whisky.jpg

There's more on their website, I omitted some of the wilder offerings with furry/hairy tops and leathers.
Paraboot really giving me a Yuketen vibe this season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads