• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's 2019 can we get a fire emoji?

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s weird seeing shops like Nordstrom add Margiela, but have a totally random buy, selecting stuff that has nothing distinguishing about it. Nothing that would make someone understand the brand or the price. It’ll just end 70% off at the Rack, covered in the sweat of all the people who tried it on because it was on sale but didn’t want to buy $800 twill trousers

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s weird seeing shops like Nordstrom add Margiela, but have a totally random buy, selecting stuff that has nothing distinguishing about it. Nothing that would make someone understand the brand or the price. It’ll just end 70% off at the Rack, covered in the sweat of all the people who tried it on because it was on sale but didn’t want to buy $800 twill trousers
Nordstrom has carried Margiela for ages - at least the Seattle flagship. The buys were also always boring.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nordstrom has carried Margiela for ages - at least the Seattle flagship. The buys were also always boring.

Yeah. It’s online now, too.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Anyone else become a Farfetch ‘silver access’ member?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Humble brag

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I got "bronze access."

Jerk.

I’m just saying I’ve only purchased something from them in the last 6 or 7 months now I’m a “silver member”..... but hey YOOX once sent me a candle and called me a

tenor.gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am "Samurai" level with From Japan.

But then I think everyone gets "Samurai".

Last edited:

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too think those one splatter and lip stick shirts are lame but i had bad taste

This Dries shirt on the other hand... even Graham Norton has good enough taste to wear it

dries-van-noten-white-dries-van-noten-mens-callan-paint-shirt-product-1-4271663-024856796.jpeg

This shirt is my grail. I'm so pissed I didn't jump on it way back when.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen about 3 or 4 of those rain drop shirts on eBay since last year

Good to hear. I stopped searching Margiela on ebay after the HMxMMM came out, too lazy to sort through all the HM stuff but I'll need to keep an eye out.

@worakl what size are you?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ever-increasing use of the words "investment" & "clothing" together is driving me crazy.

For some reason, I wanted to trigger myself this morning. And came upon "20 investment brands" from Mr. Porter. This is one of Mr. Porter's suggestions:

1106762_mrp_in_l.jpg

I'm not a finance nerd or anything. But I don't know how the hell this can qualify as an investment.

/rant.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ever-increasing use of the words "investment" & "clothing" together is driving me crazy.

For some reason, I wanted to trigger myself this morning. And came upon "20 investment brands" from Mr. Porter. This is one of Mr. Porter's suggestions:

1106762_mrp_in_l.jpg

I'm not a finance nerd or anything. But I don't know how the hell this can qualify as an investment.

/rant.

Hey, Newc. Chill man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads