1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 3, 2018.

1. conceptionist

conceptionist Distinguished Member

Thanks guys.
    Well, I've written to him now and he's not taking it very well. He thinks that including measurements of the style he actually sold is enough (obviously I did not have the measurements of the style I actually wanted so I could have compared them).

What are the consequences of a dispute? Just want to know in case he does not accept a return.

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Wow!
    What pocket of Grailed does all this reason live?

3. Benesyed

Benesyed Distinguished Member

They usually side with buyer. In this case you would probably win. Was it listed anywhere that the pictures were bit of the model he was selling?

4. conceptionist

conceptionist Distinguished Member

No, he did not state that the webshop pictures and his own pictures were of the same or different pants. But I think every prospective buyer assumes that you only include pictures of the good you are selling. I guess he thought they were the same since they were so similar. I bought them precisely because I also thought so.

5. msg

msg Distinguished Member

6. steveoffice

steveoffice Distinguished Member

[QUOTE="conceptionist, post: 9610297, member: 15077]What are the consequences of a dispute? Just want to know in case he does not accept a return.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK their buyer protection is next to nothing. Better to raise a dispute through PayPal and leave a negative review for what it’s worth...

7. STRUTTER

STRUTTER Member

You shouldn't say anything about the pants not fitting to the seller as that weakens your case. You mentioned that the pockets, cut, etc are different from the pictures of the item. Since the description didn't mention that the fit pics are not of the item itself, this is sufficient grounds for returning them.

8. mythage

mythage Distinguished Member

Try to resolve with the seller first and if he doesn't budge then do a paypal dispute

If you're a smart seller you'll know to keep your buyers happy and your rep solid. Also wtf you basically received a completely different item to the one you were expecting, that's misadvertisement or whatever, you have 100% grounds for dispute. It would be a different situation if he used the right pictures and listed measurements but you were the one who mistook the pictures for a diff item, then you would be at fault.

Alternatively you can offer to return the pants to him and offer to pay to ship it back to him, paypal will pay for the return shipping there's a form somewhere.

9. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Distinguished Member

I’m a sucker for the Indy. I wear them on my days off when I feel like wearing workwear-y or service-ish stuff. Red Wings are a small step above Chippewa (one of the few Union bootmakers) and make a super comfy, if somewhat orthotic looking oxford. I have a pair with a black wedge sole they look great with slightly cropped baggy chinos.

Honestly I like Alden’s and RW because they have a store in the Bay where I can take them to to get resoled. So, laziness and convenience won me over.

Trickers are great but I hate dainite soles. Wesco makes an oxford that will last close to 1000 years for about $500.

10. LatAm

LatAm Senior Member

Surprised no one has mentioned Grant Stone. PTB”s here.

upload_2019-1-12_18-37-38.jpeg

Premium leather, made in China. These are list $340. Fantastic customer service and their thread on SF is quite active.

11. Maxwellll

Maxwellll Senior Member

For Derbys, what about Heschung? Seem to go under the radar between all the American and English brands.

12. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior Member

i’ve sold a shitload of stuff and if i’d made a dumb mistake like that i would take it back in a heartbeat and pay for the return shipping.

13. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

@ShoutOutsFoMyBo Yeah but I think that's a rare case. I did something similar recently when I sold some sneakers and the buyer thought they were brand new (the listing didn't say they were and there were plenty of pictures for him to look at, and the list price was like 1/3 of retail...). I told him to return them and I would eat the $46 shipping to Canada but I don't think 98% on grailed would do that. Grailed culture is total bullshit and the overwhelming majority of people on there suck

14. Blake Stitched Blues

Blake Stitched Blues Senior Member

Kafka in Aberdeen have some very nice Trickers PTB make-ups on Morflex soles and whatnot. They're on sale at the moment also.

15. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

Go for a return. Five years ago I had purchased a pair of Vibergs from a grailed user, he said they'd fit a size 10, listed it as a size 10 on the listing. I was like, OK, sounds good.

I get them and I can't even put my feet into them. Turns out they're a tagged 8. I was like, dude, you said they're size 10. I understand that sometimes shoes fit differently than the tagged size but I never would've bought them if I knew they were actually tagged 8. He didn't want to go for it but I was polite and said I'd open a dispute. I mailed them back on my own dollar. It all worked out. He sold them to someone else shortly after.

I think they were edn0b's Vibergs actually, and a few years after I told e0d the story and he was like "yeah lol there is no way those would fit a 10 at all"

You have a better case than I do, and I sort of felt like I was being a cruddy buyer, but at the same time... a tagged 8 never fits 10.