• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Resale aside, the prices for Attolini make it out of reach for most ppl in the world
Definitely 1%er clothes and way out of my league.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, that was funny! Was having an existential meltdown after shopping pricey and wonderfully constructed CM all day only to see people clamoring over logo t-shirts and such.

I forgot to mention all the Barbour I saw down there. That was encouraging! Casual wear I can support. :cheers:

What do you think about wax cotton though i would think tech fabric just works better with less maintenance.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think about wax cotton though i would think tech fabric just works better with less maintenance.
I only like technical fabric for athletics/hiking/water sports etc. I never wear it casually. The waxed cotton is nice and will keep you dry unless it’s seriously raining. Stuff looks good when it ages as well.

Although, to be honest, I think my Barbour has a wool/poly blend for the outer fabric. Didn’t know it when I bought it.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing Supreme released this week has got even close to the 10x resale prices.
I guess calling folks focused on resale “losers” earlier was a bit harsh. Just something that never crosses my mind.

I started sending old stuff to Tailored Consignment and that’s worked fairly well.

Was at the Met on Friday and stopped by Gentleman’s Resale, a consignment store on the Upper East Side. They had lots of consigned Cuccinelli but were asking quite a bit. Surprised to see a consigned sweater marked $400.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own zero Attolini. Would call it aspirational. Tried on a sport coat and found it amazing.

I think I’m too strident a CM guy. Does wearing a wool baseball cap from Norse Projects with my suit count as streetwear? How about my Billy Reid/K-Swiss shoes? :lookaround:

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stand by my prediction. You are in the first stage of transformation: affirming your CM-ness while spending time and posting on the SWD board.

Edit: put away the baseball cap and get a proper hat to wear with a suit. That is CM-me talking.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stand by my prediction. You are in the first stage of transformation: affirming your CM-ness while spending time and posting on the SWD board.

Edit: put away the baseball cap and get a proper hat to wear with a suit. That is CM-me talking.
I have a nice fedora for very cold weather but like the wool baseball cap.

Not sure about the transformation thing. Retired Army guy and only became a CM fan in the last decade. Have worn my share of casual and (a shitpile of) technical clothing and now seriously appreciate fine tailoring. Am currently bopping about NYC mostly in Zegna, Gran Sasso and C&J. :slayer:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is what happened to me.

In related news, the newest Patriot Act (Netflix show by Hasan Minajh) episode is actually about Supreme.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s what happened to you. It’s what happened to me. I will enjoy watching Smitty’s journey documented here over the next couple of years.
:fence:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still love Fabio quarnta fq-3-ur02-09-slim-fit-jacket-1-1-135451.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads