• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This does look nice, but I'm not convinced. Always have a problem with newer brands having established brand prices, and Sies Marjan prices are crazy! Also, this outfit wouldn't look out of place in River Island.
Do you understand how Pricing works with brands?

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True, maybe this is british office formal. I feel like if I deviate too far from that outfit it will confuse people. Thinking this is a good opportunity to buy some nice knitwear for the fall; Schneider an obvious choice and Scott and Charters(?) have some nice stuff on NMWA, then just wear over some boring office shirts.

Monitaly is a good shout, thanks!

I have a feeling i'm going to waste a lot of money on trial & error here

Camoshita is a great bet and perfect for your build.

Schneider is definitely going to work well too.

Ami or APC can be good too.

Lemaire if you’re going loose fit and have $$$$

Uniqlo has nice comfy easy cropped office style trousers.

Baller knitwear is always good.

Office lite is too easy come on!

Last edited:

hennree

Reaction score
Camoshita is an great bet and perfect for your build.

Schneider is definitely going to work well too.

Ami or APC can be good too.

Lemaire if you’re going loose fit and have $$$$

Uniqlo has nice comfy easy cropped office style trousers.

Baller knitwear is always good.

Office lite is too easy come on!

Aha thanks. I think the main issue for me is feeling comfortable wearing it. I'm so used to wearing head-to-toe geller that i'm worried such a drastic change is going to make me feel uptight. :(

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of Geller trousers would work surely, if not too cropped?

happyriverz

Reaction score
I thought so but I can feel the 'why is your shirt so wide?' and 'why are your pants cut like that?' comments flowing fast

Short of wearing Rick Owens tunics with the dick holes (and maybe not even then unless you have your wang out), no one will ever say anything at work about your clothes at work. This doesn't mean that you can wear whatever you want, but whatever your common sense tells you to wear will not raise any eyebrows.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone make interesting casual gloves? I've looked at nonnative, kapital, and visvim. Nothing really seems to be around this season, but maybe stock hasn't come in yet.

Only really interested in leather. And not super tech-y or gothy artisanal gloves. Basically the kind of stuff you can wear with Kapital, Visvim, Kaptain Sunshine, etc.

View attachment 1053363 View attachment 1053364 View attachment 1053365

please don't recommend the nintendo power glove

Maybe Hestra

michaellosauro

Reaction score
I thought so but I can feel the 'why is your shirt so wide?' and 'why are your pants cut like that?' comments flowing fast
As someone who works in a place filled with folks like you've described, even if those comments come in, they subside quickly because it's no longer new to them. Instead, I'm now finding myself fielding style/fashion questions from guys who were previously too embarrassed to ask questions about clothes. With the dress code sounding pretty casual, I'd say dress how you want, so long as you aren't dressing offensively.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chinos can't be the answer. better wear dress trousers, boring shirt + baller knit as suggested before.
actually uniqlo ankle pants + oxford shirt looks fine, the only thing that really matters is decent shoes.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
going to buy these extremely chill gloves at LN-CC

gmb0134006_mlt_00.jpg

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't love the sole, but these Clark's boots are kinda...ok? :confused2:

clarks 1.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads