• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

adeniran

Reaction score
Yeah, the past couple months, I've given over to the athleisure tsunami as well. But here in SF "summer" it's been sweats, as I posted in WAYWT last night. I bet you've been in shorts and t-shirts, stinker.

I have a couple pairs of Flossys (Spanish brand). Love their nubuck ones and would get another pair in navy or black if I could find one. Maybe SF could organize a group buy or GMTO.

what was that sweatshirt you posted in waywt?

Landau

Reaction score
Will surprise no one, but big glossy publications sell their covers (or, seemingly so)

https://fashionista.com/2018/08/louis-vuitton-sponsored-september-issue-magazine-covers

Not surprised, but I legitimately couldn't have told you that those three people were LV ambassadors, nor that they were wearing full LV. Without the insight of, well, looking inside the issue, I wouldn't have thought otherwise even if I did know they were LV ambassadors. Maybe its just because Im not big into LV et al, but I've never thought of them as having a distinct look I could pick out of the crowd beyond a few key pieces unless you were covered head to toe in monogram or something.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Engineered Garments with the ugliest "Im well in my 50s but wont let go of 30 year old memories of The Specials gigs" pair of Tricker's I have ever seen

Engineered-Garments-Trickers-Fall-Winter-2018-Collection-08.jpg

otisred

Reaction score
Anybody know where this short sleeved denim shirt that Mahershala Ali is wearing is from? He wore it at a Warriors vs Clippers game, incase somebody wants to google some more photos.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thought has crossed my mind to build a hurricane proof closet area to store the rare Margiela pieces I have been collecting for like 8 years

We'll find Regis washed up in a palm tree somewhere, but his jawnz will be intact.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Posting this here as I just know one of you guys will have the answer.

I need to get a gift for a family friend, who is an older woman, and we're currently thinking a nice passport holder. It's something I know she doesn't have, and one of the main things we know about her is that she loves travelling internationally (and does it very frequently, about once a month). Really the only thing we ever talk to her about are her travels. It seems to make sense as a nice gesture.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent but affordable leather passport holder? Not looking for a $500 designer one, nor anything that is distinctly masculine or weirdly directional in design. Just a good, honest, attractive small leather good that she can feel good about.

Alternatively, any other recommendations for a late 60's woman with no information about her personality besides a love of international travel and frequent indulgence in said love?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads