• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Othello

Reaction score
Well Best request on selling an item so far. Person asked me to except his lower price so that they can resell my item and make a profit on it.
sheesh,the nerve of some people

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m heading to Geneva for a few days. Any recommendations? For anything really. Will need a break from nerd stuff.
Downtown Zürich is awesome. We missed our connecting flight (seems to happen often with me) when we took Swiss Air to Sicily so we stayed 24 hours in Zürich. Spent most of our time in Industriequartier, where like most cities, artists and workshops moved into cheap abandoned commercial buildings, record and coffee shops follow, and finally the place becomes hip and cool. Viadukt Markethalle and Gerold Chuchi are highlights. Worth a visit as a contrast to the old city center (also cool - charmingly nestled on a river valley). On the way to Industriequartier stop at Mame Coffee. Emi and Matt are coffee fanatics but not snobbish about it like Ritual or Four Barrel baristas can be, just a really nice couple. Pour over, cappuccinos and lattes, and screaming good baked goods (get the Tiffin cake).

I actually wrote an article about it for the Journal but it wasn’t published. @LA Guy please note that some forum good may happen from sharing my travel mishaps. Also, don’t fire me.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m heading to Geneva for a few days. Any recommendations? For anything really. Will need a break from nerd stuff.
if the weather is nice, go down to the lake along the Quai du Mont-Blanc. Walk out onto the Jetée des Paquis and hang out (or go for a swim, even in winter...). There's a somewhat-secret restaurant on the jetée called the Buvette des Bains, I think. You can get a plate of curry or stew etc. at the counter for about 10 francs, a screaming deal compared to anywhere else. Only outside seating, iirc. A lake cruise is also fun, but only in sunny or warmish weather.

Reactions: msg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.