• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Othello

Reaction score
Well Best request on selling an item so far. Person asked me to except his lower price so that they can resell my item and make a profit on it.

sheesh,the nerve of some people

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m heading to Geneva for a few days. Any recommendations? For anything really. Will need a break from nerd stuff.
Downtown Zürich is awesome. We missed our connecting flight (seems to happen often with me) when we took Swiss Air to Sicily so we stayed 24 hours in Zürich. Spent most of our time in Industriequartier, where like most cities, artists and workshops moved into cheap abandoned commercial buildings, record and coffee shops follow, and finally the place becomes hip and cool. Viadukt Markethalle and Gerold Chuchi are highlights. Worth a visit as a contrast to the old city center (also cool - charmingly nestled on a river valley). On the way to Industriequartier stop at Mame Coffee. Emi and Matt are coffee fanatics but not snobbish about it like Ritual or Four Barrel baristas can be, just a really nice couple. Pour over, cappuccinos and lattes, and screaming good baked goods (get the Tiffin cake).

I actually wrote an article about it for the Journal but it wasn’t published. @LA Guy please note that some forum good may happen from sharing my travel mishaps. Also, don’t fire me.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m heading to Geneva for a few days. Any recommendations? For anything really. Will need a break from nerd stuff.

if the weather is nice, go down to the lake along the Quai du Mont-Blanc. Walk out onto the Jetée des Paquis and hang out (or go for a swim, even in winter...). There's a somewhat-secret restaurant on the jetée called the Buvette des Bains, I think. You can get a plate of curry or stew etc. at the counter for about 10 francs, a screaming deal compared to anywhere else. Only outside seating, iirc. A lake cruise is also fun, but only in sunny or warmish weather.

Reactions: msg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also dropping Cé from the name so it'll just be Line

Taking lean aesthetic to a new level

UnselfishZanyAmericanbobtail-max-1mb.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Best request on selling an item so far. Person asked me to except his lower price so that they can resell my item and make a profit on it.
I may be in the minority, but I actually don't find this to be that unusual, nor distressing. The guy is essentially acting as a broker, albeit probably in an informal capacity. But we use brokers for houses, for all types of rare collectibles, etc... And it takes time. Why should this guy not be compensated for his time? Maybe write him back and tell him that you can go a bit lower, but not that much, and what is his limit. That way, you force him to set a price, rather than having to guess at his. He has nothing to lose.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Downtown Zürich is awesome. We missed our connecting flight (seems to happen often with me) when we took Swiss Air to Sicily so we stayed 24 hours in Zürich. Spent most of our time in Industriequartier, where like most cities, artists and workshops moved into cheap abandoned commercial buildings, record and coffee shops follow, and finally the place becomes hip and cool. Viadukt Markethalle and Gerold Chuchi are highlights. Worth a visit as a contrast to the old city center (also cool - charmingly nestled on a river valley). On the way to Industriequartier stop at Mame Coffee. Emi and Matt are coffee fanatics but not snobbish about it like Ritual or Four Barrel baristas can be, just a really nice couple. Pour over, cappuccinos and lattes, and screaming good baked goods (get the Tiffin cake).

I actually wrote an article about it for the Journal but it wasn’t published. @LA Guy please note that some forum good may happen from sharing my travel mishaps. Also, don’t fire me.
The writing is good. On the other hand, you stole my Eidos jacket from my cart, so... I'm torn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads