1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8 : Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction of the year is for an Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 3, 2018.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The neck size doesn't translate to a chest size. 16/41 is my neck size but that doesn't mean that all 16/41 shirts fit me. Some Italian shirts are super slim fit and I can't wear them. Some English or US shirts are crazy blousy and I can fit in them with a small honeydew too... I'd say that, on average, I fit in 16/41. If I had to size up because a shirt is too slim, then the neck would be a little too wide for me.

You're clearly more muscular than me, so somehow this works for you. It's very hard to predict shirt sizing IME

2. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Distinguished Member

I take a size 50/40 jacket pretty much across the board but have a size 16.5 neck. I have friends considerably smaller than me with larger necks and guys much bigger than me with smaller necks (had tuxes and shirts made for all of my groomsmen). Biggest thing that stuck out to me going MTM for both was how variable sleeve length is for guys.

Luckily for me I am about dead average for those sizes so I can go RTW with minor alterations and can save myself thousands by not having to go bespoke

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

I just counted after putting stuff away, about 17 pairs of pants/jeans hung and stored away, waiting to see the light of day. And I still want to buy more pants. Looking again I think only two pairs of bottoms fit OTR with no work done, a pair of Levi's and Lemaire jogging pants. Levi's I get a TON of wear and jogging pants not enough wear... will try to do that more this summer.

4. Tabooku

Tabooku Well-Known Member

Went to the Drake's store yesterday, loved it. The guy with the tats on his hands looked so dope, I want to know what's in his past!

5. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

The Drake's store in Mayfair is essentially this.

[​IMG]

6. Tabooku

Did you complain they were up themselves or something?

7. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

No no, they were in fact very polite and tried to help @Coldsnap find a pair of jeans.

8. Tabooku

Oh ok, I think I remember someone saying that. I thought they were all nice. I went in for their off-white denim but came out with an oxford and pocket square instead.

9. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

+1

And side note rant, why is the typical 38 Italian shirt coming in like 34 arm...

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Distinguished Member

They tried, lol. Damn quads. Love the stuff in that store.

11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

lol, a jersey over a shirt and tie is like peak RL Rugby ad from the early 00s. I think Ralph Lauren even said it was fantasy cosplay and that no one should dress like that in real life.

Looks like a fun place, though, whatever that is.

12. Slin

Slin Senior Member

I continue my feedback regarding the London Fashion Week Men few days ago.

Khalid Qasimi travels for the ss19 collection to North African shores, I love the shorts and t-shirts inspired archeological maps.
    [​IMG]

Soft colors like khaki, pomegranate, mint are used.

Read more here : https://bit.ly/2ylLflD

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

It is? Maybe there is no such thing. I must say i've never related the shirt mesurement to chest but to neck size which should be half your waist size etc etc.

14. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Distinguished Member

ordered some 70%-off stuff from Ssense yesterday around noon and it's already on my desk. I live in TX and from what I can tell it was sent from Montreal. Definitely haven't had something shipped this quick from Canada before, and actually I thought at first the tracking estimate was an error. Did they give me overnight shipping by mistake?

15. whorishconsumer

whorishconsumer Senior Member

That's about on par for when I lived in Austin, depending of the day of the week ordered, time ordered, and other variables.