• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Fortela? It looks nice, if a bit expensive. Hardly any North American stockists. Their webstore has no measurement and customer service seems to be nonexistent so not really going to take a chance on anything while I'm living in The States. Would love to visit the boutique next time I go back to Europe though.

Really great stuff. I checked out their shop in Milan when I was there last Fall. A bit pricy, but the quality and details are killer.

Canoe Club stocks them, as does Shop Bop. There might be more.

Iskander

Reaction score
Really great stuff. I checked out their shop in Milan when I was there last Fall. A bit pricy, but the quality and details are killer.

Canoe Club stocks them, as does Shop Bop. There might be more.
Thanks for chiming in! I hope more NA stockists pick them up. Pretty limited selection available at the moment from those that exist. Surprised the brand doesn't get a bit more love here.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
IMG_4105.jpeg
IMG_4106.jpeg
IMG_4107.jpeg
IMG_4109.jpeg
IMG_4111.jpeg
IMG_4112.jpeg
Don’t know who La Double J is but as the kids say I’m ******* with a their collab with OB

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone known some good shopping in Melbourne? Typical casual work wear etc. Would like to pickup a good Oxford too like Gitman...

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It would be awesome if you guys would post links and click through the forum. The explanation of how click attributions have changed for the worse for platforms and small publishers would require a small thesis on late stage capitalism, but suffice it to say that the help would be appreciated. So, in this case: https://www.ralphlauren.com/search?lang=en_US&rootLevelCat=&br=t&q=RRL+Henley+
This one is pretty cool and basically hits all the details I was after. The waffle knit reminiscent of seersucker. I definitely need a large, which is arriving today. Now I wonder if I need XL given how this may shrink + henley fitting closer to the body. If L does not work, then, this cut may altogether not work for me, and I'm still in the boat of henley not fitting my body well. (I think you need to be really fit otherwise.)

If anyone else has input, lmk. @shopcanoeclub

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're wearing just a henley you def got to be fit for it to look great imo. But an undershirt under a western or flannel that's fine.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're wearing just a henley you def got to be fit for it to look great imo. But an undershirt under a western or flannel that's fine.
I mean, everything looks better if you are super fit but not too jacked (in which case it's easy to fall into the "that overcompensating roid head" meme, but unless it's really clingy or 50s tight, I think that they fit a range of "average" body types.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Anyone have a couch thats actually comfortable? Upgrading my current one when I move into my new apartment and cant find anything that people like. I was looking at Restoration Hardware Cloud and the West Elm Cloud knockoff, but reviews all say that it looks like **** after like a year.

I just want something that doesnst look godawful, and is comfortable for a long time. Thoughts?
What did you end up getting? I finally went and sat on a Cloud and was very tempted, but they do require floofing every day at least

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you end up getting? I finally went and sat on a Cloud and was very tempted, but they do require floofing every day at least
I would highly recommend against sectionals, having gotten rid of ours. They seem versatile, but always seem to end up having completely unusable sections, no pun intended. Also, Restoration Hardware, Williams Sonoma, and Pottery Barn are all the same company, and even a lot of the pieces are... interestingly similar. We got a Pottery Barn Turner in a "signature" leather, and now everyone wants to sleep on it:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I would highly recommend against sectionals, having gotten rid of ours. They seem versatile, but always seem to end up having completely unusable sections, no pun intended. Also, Restoration Hardware, Williams Sonoma, and Pottery Barn are all the same company, and even a lot of the pieces are... interestingly similar. We got a Pottery Barn Turner in a "signature" leather, and now everyone wants to sleep on it:

I wasn’t considering a sectional since that’s also very room-dependent. But it does come in as a sofa and the luxe depth is obscene, basically a bed in the living room. Very popular model and predictably many videos about the luxurious appeal circulating in lifestyle social media

Of course the sales associate claimed to have one in excellent condition after nearly a decade, but I’m not sure I can believe that. But throw in the gaudy setup, faux exclusivity by charging for annual membership, and an overpriced restaurant on the top floor, it all turns into a giant and absurd circus act. I’d rather just join a private club at that point

I did see a totally different sofa at Room and Board and the 10-year old floor model seemed to be holding up just like new

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t considering a sectional since that’s also very room-dependent. But it does come in as a sofa and the luxe depth is obscene, basically a bed in the living room. Very popular model and predictably many videos about the luxurious appeal circulating in lifestyle social media

Of course the sales associate claimed to have one in excellent condition after nearly a decade, but I’m not sure I can believe that. But throw in the gaudy setup, faux exclusivity by charging for annual membership, and an overpriced restaurant on the top floor, it all turns into a giant and absurd circus act. I’d rather just join a private club at that point

I did see a totally different sofa at Room and Board and the 10-year old floor model seemed to be holding up just like new
One good thing about being in a small market is that the people buying in this price range are established middle aged upper middle class people who are not that impressed by influencers, want stuff that lasts and is comfortable and the sales associates are chosen to cater to those people. So, very few bombastic claims, very little in the way of upsells, and all the rest of the circus and show that you see often in larger markets.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindafassett927