• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ato.jpg
Ato Boldon wore those.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since we were talking undershirts, something I've been wondering. I wear white oxfords like Gitman and even though it's a thick oxford cloth it can show an undershirt in the right light. How do you feel about a tank top showing through a white OCBD in the office sometimes?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man at one point had to be over 300
But I’ve been trimming down for years now to my absolute favs and currently have about 15. Some JMM, some TF, and some Mykita x Margiela
You make my belt habit seem reasonable and sane.

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not exactly the same thing, but this shirt from Scott Fraser is, for my money, the best summer shirt of all time. Incredibly beautiful in person, and surprisingly easy to wear. I love it so much.

Scott-Fraser-Collection-Leaf-lace-shirt-Hung-2.jpg

I bought this shirt because of your post, and I don't think I've ever gotten more compliments for an article of clothing than this one.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we were talking undershirts, something I've been wondering. I wear white oxfords like Gitman and even though it's a thick oxford cloth it can show an undershirt in the right light. How do you feel about a tank top showing through a white OCBD in the office sometimes?
Don't look ridiculous and ditch the shirt. This is the way to go.
1718854522643.png

YoungM

Reaction score
I bought this shirt because of your post, and I don't think I've ever gotten more compliments for an article of clothing than this one.

Very glad to hear that! It's just such a fun piece - brings me a lot of joy.

At a recent Alvin Ailey performance at BAM, both a middle-aged usher and young guy in a bunch of Casablanca complimented it. Wide appeal!

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Man at one point had to be over 300
But I’ve been trimming down for years now to my absolute favs and currently have about 15. Some JMM, some TF, and some Mykita x Margiela

I can't imagine owning that many of anything fashion related. I found out it stresses me out to own too much clothing which is probably my most useful bad trait.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
You make my belt habit seem reasonable and sane.
Haha well I’m down to 15ish now!!!
I can't imagine owning that many of anything fashion related. I found out it stresses me out to own too much clothing which is probably my most useful bad trait.
Yeah at some point I decided that the minimalist mindset was more my thing and I stopped buying so many things that accumulated dust in the closet for a while and focused more on vacations etc.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any good recs for Henley medium to light weight? Something with texture but loose ie not a thermal. Open waffle texture perhaps. Sort of like a man alternative to the band collar shirt. Short or long sleeve doesn’t matter.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any good recs for Henley medium to light weight? Something with texture but loose ie not a thermal. Open waffle texture perhaps. Sort of like a man alternative to the band collar shirt. Short or long sleeve doesn’t matter.
Alternative apparel, or you want to go a bit upmarket, maybe.... Reigning Champ?
or Velvet by Graham and Spencer?

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shoe_shopping