• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make linen jogger pants? I have a pair of margiela ones that I’m slowly outgrowing :(
Maybe Todd Snyder?

Do you need them to be 100% linen, or does a cotten linen blend work?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Do it simply as proof of concept.

Just gotta Rico Suave it

1F45D3FB-8328-4DA8-A662-DD3E336612D3.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also I’m wondering why I want this PL DB Toweling Blazer but it would probably look too try hard even for me 😂

View attachment 1848546

You're not the only one. This is honestly pretty great.

Just gotta Rico Suave it

View attachment 1848569

I have to use this photo more often. Every now and then a customer will ask "how can I wear a formal shawl-collar tuxedo jacket in a casual way."

I'll just point them here. You'll save money on the shirt, but you might have to spend those funds on waxing.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
This honestly rules without the monogram

Dude yes, wish it came without the monogram

You're not the only one. This is honestly pretty great.

I have to use this photo more often. Every now and then a customer will ask "how can I wear a formal shawl-collar tuxedo jacket in a casual way."

I'll just point them here. You'll save money on the shirt, but you might have to spend those funds on waxing.

…I ahh I’ve worn my shawl jackets just like that before. Only issue I’ve had is with the Florida/Caribbean heat…a trip to the dry cleaners is needed asap. You can get away with it at beach side dinning places. Wouldn’t do it to a more dressy place but I’ve half done it with a DB and a scarf and just don’t open the DB…anyways point is you’re right you can save some dough on a shirt haha

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@#dadcore I'm presently wearing Le Jean, hoping that the sizing advice of my 20s still holds my late 30s.

The rise is appropriately high – if I had to guess something like a 13+" front rise, 17"+ back rise on a size 35. My only gripe is the hip pockets are stupid shallow. It's also a zip fly, which I don't recall the other models being, although I don't mind.

Edit: It's also not selvedge, which I only just noted.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anybody suggest a good garment steamer?
Are handhelds basically pointless?
Do you need either a large-ish stand up steamer with multiple settings or nothing?

FWIW I would be using it mostly for my wifes work clothes (cottons and synthetics, relatively thin things, no need for ironing creases just removing wrinkles and "refreshing") and then a few of my own things i'd like to get some wrinkles out of and freshen up if they've been hanging a while between wears. Like light-ish blazers and jackets.

Jiffy has been recommended but is kinda prohibitive price in Australia.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anybody suggest a good garment steamer?
Are handhelds basically pointless?
Do you need either a large-ish stand up steamer with multiple settings or nothing?

FWIW I would be using it mostly for my wifes work clothes (cottons and synthetics, relatively thin things, no need for ironing creases just removing wrinkles and "refreshing") and then a few of my own things i'd like to get some wrinkles out of and freshen up if they've been hanging a while between wears. Like light-ish blazers and jackets.

Jiffy has been recommended but is kinda prohibitive price in Australia.
I have found hand helds a bit useless. You still need a stand to do it properly. That said, I've found relatively inexpensinve ones to be just fine.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any specific?
I’m looking at a Philips 8000 that is $479AUD but if I can get something that is just as effective at half the price I would be much happier.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members