• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed some of the veteran posters on the Classic Menswear side of the forum tend to treat threads like an asynchronous group chat.

However, it seems like on the SWD people are more hesitant to post unless they “have something to say”.

Why is that?
Age and shape of stick positioned in anus.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Very proud of you, dear.

But, remember, it’s not polite to brag.
Mrs. Bryant, it’s so good to hear from you! 🥺

Since we spoke over 10 years ago, I graduated from college, got married, found a career, and now I’m waiting for my first child to be born.

Oh yeah, I also started a YouTube channel like we used to talk about! Here’s my most recent video:

Let’s not allow 10 years to pass before we connect again ❤

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
another vote for Padmore & Barnes

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
The usual summer slowdown is part of reason no?
Mostly. Just for example, I’m on vacation right now, and while I check in and read the forum daily, I am only doing it for a fraction of the time I would on a regular work day. A significant fraction of all posters and readers do the same, with people rotating in and out, until about September, when everyone’s routines normalize. This happens pretty much across the board, not just for websites, but for social media platforms as well. Everyone tries to have a hook, but travel apps aside, summer audiences are always and nearly invariably lower. Organic search is still good, which is the thing we keep an eye on and also continuously work on.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this Our legacy DB linen coat. Beautiful piece, great quality. But I struggle with how to wear it. Its very dramatic, long, and semi-formal due to the DB. But s/s due to the fabric.

I feel like one really needs to lean into the dramatic/formal aspect, like combining it oversized white shirt, and semi-formal shoes. Sounds great in theory, but I rarely feel like circumstances warrant something like that (I mostly wear sneakers and a Uniqlo U coat for everyday wear). Other ideas?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Have we all gotten a bit more bougie? Is this the new Clark’s and APC uniform?
Considering I've worn Lobbs, Corthays et.c for quite a few yrs (and so have you wen you dress up AFAIK, maybe more Edward Green but same concept) I'm pretty sure it is the other way around, more interest in more commonly available classic brands like Levi, Clarks and Nike. The APC Clarks was more of a newbie web auto-recommandation thing in the #menswear web I think.

Not that it matters but I rarely wear Clarks outside of traveling in places where you have deserts, bush etc but if I do I'll wear them in the city too...My go to suede boots are a pair of Black zips and a pair of beige cowboy boots.

Adsky Luck

Reaction score
What does it mean when a girl wears an earring? it means she likes wearing earrings. Same thing for men.
Pirates or some sailors wore earrings, of gold, to ensure there would be nuff funds for burial should their body wash ashore
in this day and age a gold earring would probably cos tyou a torn ear.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Considering I've worn Lobbs, Corthays et.c for quite a few yrs (and so have you wen you dress up AFAIK, maybe more Edward Green but same concept) I'm pretty sure it is the other way around, more interest in more commonly available classic brands like Levi, Clarks and Nike. The APC Clarks was more of a newbie web auto-recommandation thing in the #menswear web I think.

Not that it matters but I rarely wear Clarks outside of traveling in places where you have deserts, bush etc but if I do I'll wear them in the city too...My go to suede boots are a pair of Black zips and a pair of beige cowboy boots.
I have never found a pair of cowboy boots that really suit me, though I’ve looked. Are they comfortable for walking around?

Also, yesterday I got 2Pac socks. I also wanted Biggie, but there were no large, only medium.

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olssdfgsf