• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
@RegisDB9 you’re not worried about hanging dong?

I def have to watch out where excitement happens if you know what I mean…:hide: In fact my lady has a running joke where she will try to that to me in a crowded place…jokes on her cause the think of the old lady next door naked is fool proof

Still highly recommended though, way too many positives

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hahaha @RegisDB9 well, sometimes you live on the wild side.

@LA Guy yo yo, yeah so I know one of the fellas, he stops through regularly and chats us up.Tbh I don’t think I ever really understood what they do. I would love a cool knife tho. Do you already have one or you’ve just had your eye on it

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@LA Guy yo yo, yeah so I know one of the fellas, he stops through regularly and chats us up.Tbh I don’t think I ever really understood what they do. I would love a cool knife tho. Do you already have one or you’ve just had your eye on it
As with pretty much everything I’m interested in, I go all in, and am pretty sure that I can’t get them all into one shot without a zoom lens, I have boxes full of them, but I’ll do it do for some of the more interesting ones.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
koenig_arius_Chris_Reeve_Umnumzaan_Protech_Malibu_Hinderer_Vero_Engineering_Axon_custom_knives.jpg

Just about 1/2 of the knives on my desk. Most of this will mean nothing to people not into knives, but I've posted a couple of "grails" in there just for people who are into pocketknives. The one I actually carry and use the most are the two smaller ones on the side, and one that is not shown (Demko AD 20.5 with new scales).

Most of my knife use is limited to breaking down cardboard boxes, of which we have many, and opening packages, and the best knives for those have shorter blades.

When I am hiking, I carry a larger fixed blade fixed to my pack that does any task around camp, and a small folder as a backup and for little tasks that might come up and it would be a hassle to take off the back to get to.

I also have a knife with a glass breaker in my car (Benchmade Contego for those who want to know.) I always knew that this was a real danger in modern cars, but after a friend drowned after driving into water because of poor road markings, I have kept that an a pretty powerful, water resistant flashlight in my car. Electronics are awesome until they are not. Incidentally, this is also my gripe about sapphire crystals on watches. they are super hard, but also brittle, and shatter quite easily. Acrylic will scratch, but even if dropped on a sharp surface, rarely scatter, protecting the dial and the movement.

If any knife nerds are here, and want to see an All Ti Demko AD20 in 3V steel or something else "rare", there is a semi-decent chance that I have it if it's something that I like and could see myself using.

As for anyone who wants to ask, no, I don't think of knives as a self defense tool. It;s has no self defense capacity, This as someone who has practiced martial arts semi-seriously most of his life and taught self defense classes. I mostly carry one because I think that it's cool. If you want a self defense tool, seriously, the best thing that you can carry is a pot lid, not even kidding.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Obligatory
1653331346943.gif

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy Whats the blade on the left hand side? Love the engraving on the handle.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy Whats the blade on the left hand side? Love the engraving on the handle.
Oh, love that one. That is an exclusive from Urban EDC Supply (www.urbanedcsupply.com), the F5.5 with titanium scales and Seigaiha wave pattern, which is their signature. It's a short knife (well under 3" blade) so legal pretty much anywhere save Chicago and Boston, which have a 2.5" blade law. It's designed by Jesper Voxnaes, after a sailor's knife,which is tipless on purpose, as you don't really want to stab yourself or someone else if the sea kicks up. I have a few knives with that same pattern, and one of those with brass scales that is custom engraved with an owl.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude…well yeah you wrote my whole paragraph in 5 words

c'est la vie…..namaste…etc etc
You’re hanging with @RegisDB9 on a beautiful warm night in Miami. The drinks are flowing, the music is playing, and the bay is twinkling in the evening light. As you glance over the brim of your mojito, you catch the silhouette of Regis at full mast outlined in the setting sun. He looks over at you intently, meets your eyeline for what seems like an eternity in silence, and gently exhales,

“…Namaste.”

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re hanging with @RegisDB9 on a beautiful warm night in Miami. The drinks are flowing, the music is playing, and the bay is twinkling in the evening light. As you glance over the brim of your mojito, you catch the silhouette of Regis at full dandasana outlined in the setting sun. He looks over at you intently, meets your eyeline for what seems like an eternity in silence, and gently exhales,

“…Namaste.”
Minor edit.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh, as for a cool knife, it depends on what you are looking for, and your budget - i.e. how ,much you hate your money. One of the most beautiful knives is a Chris Reeve Sebenza with an inlay, but those run $450+ for a small one, and $600+ for large one. And truthfully, they are a bit of a pain to open.

There are a lot of knives out there, but unless you are comfortable around pocketknives, you probably want something that is relatively small, and doesn't look like a murder weapon, and maybe is easy to deploy and use with one hand, but can also be opened with 2 hands. Maybe something that is a modern knife but with the look of a traditional, like an (Enrique) Pena trapper, with can be flipped open with your thumb, but also has a nail nick so that you can open it like an old time slip joint, but has the benefit of a lock, which is super useful. The blade is not very long, and the knife iis small and looks both cool but also slightly oldtimey:

https://www.knifejoy.com/products/enrique-pena-x-series-front-flipper-trapper-brown-canvas-micarta

And something like brown micarta is can get a really nice worn in look as you use it and it absorbs the oils in your hands.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
You’re hanging with @RegisDB9 on a beautiful warm night in Miami. The drinks are flowing, the music is playing, and the bay is twinkling in the evening light. As you glance over the brim of your mojito, you catch the silhouette of Regis at full mast outlined in the setting sun. He looks over at you intently, meets your eyeline for what seems like an eternity in silence, and gently exhales,

“…Namaste.”
1653366249506.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics