• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not ask?

Isn't RRL produced in mass numbers meaning that new with tags and almost new second hand would also be options if you cannot find it in a store?
Sorry I edited my message, I meant whether asking would be in bad taste.

Problem with second hand is that there doesn’t seem to be a big market for RRL in Europe, and here in Spain I would get slapped with a 40 or 45% surcharge bill in taxes and duties importing from outside the EU.

Last edited:

kudos

Timed Out
Reaction score
I think I've officially given up on RRL. They are pretty much the worst example of cultural appropriation and unsustainable production I can think of in a higher tier brand.
Cultural appropriation is a joke because 99% of the time the argument only goes one way against a certain group of people.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, on the latest Blamo ep I was thinking Jeremy was wrong for saying SF was full of conservative creeps....

Imagine having an account for 15+ years with almost no messages but breaking silence to want to start some white oppression debate.

kudos

Timed Out
Reaction score
You know, on the latest Blamo ep I was thinking Jeremy was wrong for saying SF was full of conservative creeps....

Imagine having an account for 15+ years with almost no messages but breaking silence to want to start some white oppression debate.
Attack the messenger and not the argument. Classic.

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cultural appropriation is a joke because 99% of the time the argument only goes one way against a certain group of people.
That's because it is a criticism of a power relationship that is unequal. A member or business from a dominant group would be exploiting the cultural output of a less dominant group for gain. The appropriation only goes one way. It is based on unequal power relationships. There isn't a balance. That's the point.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Well all I have to say is that there are two things I can’t stand in this world…people who are insensitive of other peoples cultures and the Dutch

absolem

Reaction score
Since we're not in CE, Shouldn't it be simple enough to admit that RRL's approach to product development is uncompelling for some people because it's derivative not post?

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrosisEduTech