• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I must be super uncool, but I don't understand this sentence. Please translate.
A certain kind of white woman is known for wearing white Air Force 1s and many wear them until the shoes are beaten to death, which is generally considered a no-no among streetwear guys, especially Black youths who made the style cool in the first place.

Adsky Luck

Reaction score
but in CM, anything new is a no-no
my beater SC

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I beat a pair of AM 90 Infrared into and beyond the grave. Put them in the closet and forgot about them. One of my nephews came over during the holidays and found them and asked if he could have them. I told him he wouldn't get to the front door before the sole fell off. Sure enough, the sole done crumbled to dust after a couple steps. He still wanted them, lol.
I think a beat pair of Jordan 1's can look good. Only 1's though. AF1, not so much but I don't hate them well worn either. For some reason, I prefer my chucks clean af. I won't wear dirty chucks.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I beat a pair of AM 90 Infrared into and beyond the grave. Put them in the closet and forgot about them. One of my nephews came over during the holidays and found them and asked if he could have them. I told him he wouldn't get to the front door before the sole fell off. Sure enough, the sole done crumbled to dust after a couple steps. He still wanted them, lol.
I think a beat pair of Jordan 1's can look good. Only 1's though. AF1, not so much but I don't hate them well worn either. For some reason, I prefer my chucks clean af. I won't wear dirty chucks.
My previous OG chucks always had some cracking and separation at the soles after a while. I wonder if the Chuck 70s do better w/ that.

I also like my chucks kinda worn in. Clean chucks look weird to me personally.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My previous OG chucks always had some cracking and separation at the soles after a while. I wonder if the Chuck 70s do better w/ that.

I also like my chucks kinda worn in. Clean chucks look weird to me personally.
my pair of 70s these do have some miles

IMGP6482.JPG

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chuck 70s are definitely made of harder wearing materials. My last pair of regular Chucks actually had a tear in the Canvas that I had to sew back together.

I'm a little disappointed they discontinued the Chuck II line. I really liked the idea of the gusseted tongue but wasn't huge on the colorways they released.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fedex tracking: Your package will arrive Thursday.
Me: ?
Fedex tracking: Actually Wednesday, early!
Fedex tracking (on Wednesday): Pending...
Fedex tracking (on Friday): Your package is out for delivery.
current state and location of package

1642803069155.png

blacklight

Reaction score
1s and 3s are great beater choices because of the shape of the toeboxes and the tumbled leather. Anything suede (e.g. 4s) or patent leather (11s) very quickly starts to look like garbage. GATs are OK well worn but the whole having dirt caked in and the shoelaces tattered look is a nah from me.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Curious, are there any SWD guys who like and wear tailored clothing, but just don't go to CM because they don't like that side of the forum? If so, does your taste in tailored clothing run traditional/ CM-ish or is it more SWD-ish?

Would it make sense to have an SWD thread on tailored clothing? Is there even a way to discuss this topic? Seems like every brand offers some version of a tailored jacket, depending on how you define "tailoring"

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharleneJHarvey