• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know what got me to try one, but Le Bonnet make the best beanies for me.
They are just classic beanies, but super soft and every colour. That and Margaret Howell;s cotton/linen beanies are my faves.

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
Maybe this is a CM question, but I'd rather avoid that side of the forum 😬

What do people think of band collar shirts? what works, what doesn't?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I like them, but don't wear them. I once bought two Wrangler denim shirts and cut off the collar on one because I liked how the same style looked on Agyesh at Stoffa, who wore his with a suede DR jacket of his making. But over the years, I find that I always wear the collared version.

I've seen the style worn well with sport coats and casualwear. Don't know if there are any "rules" around it. I guess if you're unsure, you can always start with a shirt you don't wear very often, cut off the collar above the collar band, and see if it gets much use. I think it would more easily suit a casual shirt, rather than a dressy poplin.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Band collar shirts work but mostly in casual settings, 45r & kaptain sunshine does some of the best!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like band collar/collarless shirts. Especially big and billowy with long tails. I have a handful in white poplin, chambray, and black linen.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any recs for sneaker shoe laces? The leather ones on my Buttero Spazios broke.
They usually come with a second set of fabric laces - did you check the box?

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 10.5%