• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find myself either wearing workout gear when I'm at home/running errands, oir scrubs or a suit/jacket when working/if I can get out rarely. A lot of the really cool stuff I got in my early 20s and my body is just not the same shape it was back then, which meant getting rid of stuff that won't ever fit (or fit right). I thought about selling my 5 zip and getting a SLP leather jacket in my current size but then I have to question would I even wear it/is it worth spending the thousands of dollars difference between the two if I wear it once or twice a year if that.

what size and kind of leather is the 5zip?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find myself either wearing workout gear when I'm at home/running errands, oir scrubs or a suit/jacket when working/if I can get out rarely. A lot of the really cool stuff I got in my early 20s and my body is just not the same shape it was back then, which meant getting rid of stuff that won't ever fit (or fit right). I thought about selling my 5 zip and getting a SLP leather jacket in my current size but then I have to question would I even wear it/is it worth spending the thousands of dollars difference between the two if I wear it once or twice a year if that.

I find the SLP rider a money grab. I don’t think it’s iconic i. anyway and there are plenty of better options that are far less than 5k. Now I am not one to judge if you wanna drop 5k on a leather jacket, just saying there are better options than SLP.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The affiliate vendors complain about this and the posts are removed regularly. They are also not technically allowed, but we tolerate them in swd, since the two sides of the forum have different cultures. In any case, he was warned and did it regardless. That’s on him. That said, he stood be back soon.

Who was Miran again?

Ok, so I guess it was a 48 hour time out. If I can suggest one thing, maybe if you are restricting somebody’s access then tell the mods to at least DM that person and tell them why and for how long.
it’s not like I was harassing anybody or being mean I just posted something for sale in a BST thread. Fwiw I wasn’t warned and wasn’t told why. I posted, then saw the notification that the post was deleted, then couldn’t post anymore. If that’s the rule then ok but, yeah, some communication and transparency would be nice especially when you have said yourself that the rules are inconsistent and arbitrary between different threads.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loewe x Spirited away looks quite phoned in, a few nice things (now sold out) No FOMO.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I guess it was a 48 hour time out. If I can suggest one thing, maybe if you are restricting somebody’s access then tell the mods to at least DM that person and tell them why and for how long.
it’s not like I was harassing anybody or being mean I just posted something for sale in a BST thread. Fwiw I wasn’t warned and wasn’t told why. I posted, then saw the notification that the post was deleted, then couldn’t post anymore. If that’s the rule then ok but, yeah, some communication and transparency would be nice especially when you have said yourself that the rules are inconsistent and arbitrary between different threads.
There is a little place when you ban or time someone out where there is a note that the user can see when they try to log in. I'll ask the mods to please fill that out in these cases. If you had not had a conversation with a mod before this, I apologize for that, and I'll mention it in our internal mod conversations. We ask a mod to tell a user that this is not allowed, and then delete the post, and we typically only time people out after that first notice has been sent.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This fringed western shirt from EG is calling my name (please don't time out me)

eg_211006_001.jpg
IMG_8470_1169x.jpg

blacklight

Reaction score
Any music heads frame concert posters? Got a couple favorites out of storage and unfortunately they've both picked up a bit of visible damage. Kind of wanting to frame them still but not sure whether that would come off as tacky. They're autographed and unfortunately can't readily be restored.

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
Any music heads frame concert posters? Got a couple favorites out of storage and unfortunately they've both picked up a bit of visible damage. Kind of wanting to frame them still but not sure whether that would come off as tacky. They're autographed and unfortunately can't readily be restored.
Depends on the band, but I don't see that as tacky, at all. Has potential to be badass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads