• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Inside out and cold is fine. You don't even need to do delicate, that reduces or eliminates the spin cycle and then they take forever to dry. I usually just do "quick wash" in medium temp with heavy spin cycle and then hang to dry.

FlowableFill

Reaction score
Reader's Digest has an article about washing clothes in their latest issue. It said to always wash on the warm setting. Apparently detergent will only activate chemically with a little heat, even if it's listed as cold activated. I'm not sure I totally buy that. It said that if you want to check it soak something you only wash on cold in water and suds should develop.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
with denim i prefer cold water , soap not detergent , and a washboard . $.02 !

apply the soap directly on the stinky bits and give a bit of attention with the board it'll influence the fade nicely too

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@bows1 Dood, you’ve been around forever and lived through the APC, Dior, Acne, Nudie and all the Japanese repro shit days… Throw them in the wash alone (especially if overdyed), inside out and then in the dryer if you want them to shrink… hang them to dry if you don’t want them to shrink as much. You know this.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recommendations for blue corduroy pants, trouser or 5 pocket but no easy pants or pleats?

Orslow only have the 107 fit, which was too narrow in the largest size they have and Glenn’s Denim didn’t quite make the cut for me.
Try Todd Snyder

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
for fear of abandonment , i'd say a robe , either something long and plush , or , maybe silky . depending .

but double breasted is better , shawl is really good too , something close cause maybe nobody else gonna snuggle

or a good blanket , or outerwear ? hm . something snuggly i think .

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I machine wash denim inside out on a normal cycle (HE front loader) with Laundress denim detergent. Usually just run my pair of JE Cast 2 and my Levi’s Lot 1s every couple months at most when they get smelly from firepits, cigar, etc.

Hang dry after and we’re good to go

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 13.3%