• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

jmiller123

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 10.54.46 PM.png

Saw this photo of Frank Muytjens and really like the jacket. Anyone have an idea of what it could be? Almost looks like a Barbour but the collar seems different

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are any of yall G-rail3d lawyers/experts? I accepted a high dollar amount offer and it requires signature. I got it packaged and then get a semi-rude message asking me to cancel the binded offer. I already used some of the funds received to get something else. Is there any obligation for me to cancel? Is there a way he can screw me over (like decline the package and have it sent back to me?). The label was provided by grailed so they’ll know I shipped. The guy has like no feedback but it shows he did a couple of transactions

yea dude cancel it sounds like this guy is having buyers remorse. If you send the item he can send it back and claim he returned it and you are screwed. Worse you can lose the item and the money, not worth the hassle. Eat loss on label, maybe Hailed will give you a refund on the label.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It never ceases to surprise me how people will act differently online vs irl. Somehow morals and ethics seems to be completely relative to the way of communicating. Grailed users are a great example of this.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I absolutely hate that site lol. With the tax now and their fees, it’s ridiculous. Thanks for the replies he quickly opened up a paypal claim on me too so I’ll just cancel. Bunch of urchins hahaha
I just went through someone opening a PayPal claim on me a couple months ago AND trying to keep the item I sold him in Grailed. Just cancel the purchase. Not worth potentially losing the item too

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I hate the Grilled meta right now. Just take the L now, cancel the order and save yourself the headache.

"Can you do [fattest lowball ever]? I'm paypal ready." Man I hate selling on that website.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to hate Gra*led but I've foudn that it's fine once you get used to how to use it best, and that did involved making some mistakes. However, I've got some of my favourite things on it, and sold one or two as well (I've put the same things on here and got zero interest).

I send lowballers a message telling them exactly what I think, and than I block them. I am not selling at high prices to begin with so lowballing someone who is already selling at below the average selling price for something is just disrespectful.

The only problem I've had with sellers is people either accidentally or deliberately mis-measuring things, in one case recently so badly that it was actually a whole size smaller than you would have expected, and was ridiculously right (I'm not talking about the what is considered 'S' and 'M' in different countries, which you have to watch out for yourself, I'm talking about claiming something is, say, a 51cm P2P measurement when it's actually 48cm). However I've won the cases where this has happened.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to hate Gra*led but I've foudn that it's fine once you get used to how to use it best, and that did involved making some mistakes. However, I've got some of my favourite things on it, and sold one or two as well (I've put the same things on here and got zero interest).

I send lowballers a message telling them exactly what I think, and than I block them. I am not selling at high prices to begin with so lowballing someone who is already selling at below the average selling price for something is just disrespectful.

The only problem I've had with sellers is people either accidentally or deliberately mis-measuring things, in one case recently so badly that it was actually a whole size smaller than you would have expected, and was ridiculously right (I'm not talking about the what is considered 'S' and 'M' in different countries, which you have to watch out for yourself, I'm talking about claiming something is, say, a 51cm P2P measurement when it's actually 48cm). However I've won the cases where this has happened.
My feeling on Grailed is hope for the best, but expect the worse. I really dislike a lot about the site and the way it’s run, but unfortunately at this point it’s a necessary evil when trying to move stuff out.

Makes me nostalgic for the good ole days of an active SF marketplace.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I grabbed a couple items from the collection, including the crazy loud orange Harris Tweed trousers. I was really tempted to grab the matching tweed sportcoat or CPO shirt but decided to hold off since who knows when I’d actually ever wear one of those. They do look fun though…

I think the “Wes Anderson” comparison was a pretty good one.

FWIW, when the collection first dropped, most everything was about 20% cheaper on the J. Press website (though they had a smaller selection). About 20 minutes or so after I made my purchases though, I noticed J. Press had raised their prices to match the prices on the Todd Snyder site.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads