• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
here, easy.
dark brown:

medium brown:

light beige suede is real nice

+1 to buttero, NMWA used to have a few nice options.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody have recs for some off white/cream suede espadrilles?
I’d go for castaner but can never seem to find suede ones in the Pablo and I don’t like their other styles. The only other option I’ve found is yoox house brand but they didn’t fit. I’d like to be in the castaner price range too.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have recs for some off white/cream suede espadrilles?
I’d go for castaner but can never seem to find suede ones in the Pablo and I don’t like their other styles. The only other option I’ve found is yoox house brand but they didn’t fit. I’d like to be in the castaner price range too.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks!
Any idea if they look more normal on feet? That side profile looks very stubby.
The closest they have seems to be champagne and it's not in my size, but I'll search the brand elsewhere.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, I see Mulo a lot but I just don't like them. Same for Rivieras. Thanks though.
I like the classic style of the Castaner pablos. Sunspel made some good ones too but they were all canvas.

Would taupe or light grey suede achieve the same kind of look?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure. A very light grey or sand wouldn’t be that different

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't been to a haircut place since before the pandemic. People around here don't seem to be wearing masks in barbershops consistently and so haven't wanted to risk it.

I've given myself some sketchy haircuts, and also shaved my head a couple times. Looking pretty rough these days though.

sketchy haircuts always and forever. Watch some YouTubes on technique if you gotta I guess

not bad but would be happy to see more interesting pieces instead of printed sweatshirts/tee

the black tee w ferry’s face is good

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sketchy haircuts always and forever. Watch some YouTubes on technique if you gotta I guess

I've been cutting my own hair since the pademic started and it's actually been okay. I think if I got a barber to do what I have now, it would end up being too tight, too neat and altogether too 'fashie' - whereas if it's a bit looser, it just looks alright.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

135GBP for "elevated" style, Lolz. We're talking about espadrilles here, you buy these near the beach and throw them away at the end of summer.

I see someone else has posted similarly priced horrors. You guys need to get out of the internet it is messing with your brains (morans!).

here's my rec:
chloé.jpg

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
135GBP for "elevated" style, Lolz. We're talking about espadrilles here, you buy these near the beach and throw them away at the end of summer.

I see someone else has posted similarly priced horrors. You guys need to get out of the internet it is messing with your brains (morans!).

Sorry man, that's dumb. You could say that about everything (actually dumb people do say that about all the clothes we buy here). I have some Castaner espadrilles that are on their 7th or 8th summer. What's so special about espadrilles that one must buy the cheapest option?

Reminds me of "my 5 year-old kid could paint that" comments

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

here's my rec:
View attachment 1678248

who cares about morans when all we need is a single miran

MIRAANNNN!!!!!!!!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Sorry man, that's dumb. You could say that about everything (actually dumb people do say that about all the clothes we buy here). I have some Castaner espadrilles that are on their 7th or 8th summer. What's so special about espadrilles that one must buy the cheapest option?

Reminds me of "my 5 year-old kid could paint that" comments

It's so linked to a certain kind of time of the year, area and activity that I just can't fathom wearing them anywhere else for one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads