• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or stylish?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any one know of any brands that make vans style slip ons but in luxe materials

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are there any style Dickies chino that are half decent for the office? I usually go with Uniqlo Vintage Chinos but after a month or so the color fades a bit, looking to go a bit more hard wearing, but comfortable and inexpensive for the office.

Luellwitz

Reaction score
Are there any style Dickies chino that are half decent for the office? I usually go with Uniqlo Vintage Chinos but after a month or so the color fades a bit, looking to go a bit more hard wearing, but comfortable and inexpensive for the office.
This might be heresy on this forum, but I have some Eddie Bauer Chino Pants that have lasted me years. I have turned them into house work pants now, but the color actually looks OK and they seem to be tough as nails because I have had them for 10+ years. I am sure the price is still pretty low.

Nyarlathotep

Reaction score
^Same but a pair of Gant ones that seem indestructible which I now use for gardening (plot) and country place stuff.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LL Bean chinos are my go-to for inexpensive that are relatively hard wearing and good for the office. They run a little on the full side so I usually have to spend a few bucks to have the legs slimmed down but I’m still out ahead compared to a lot of the other brands of chinos that usually get thrown around here.

abkain

Reaction score
Any one know of any brands that make vans style slip ons but in luxe materials
Greats are also a good option.My pair of slip ons are comparable to my CP ones at a much lower price.

Featured Sponsor

VOTE: Layering Friday Challenge

• @gerry nelson

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • @xeoniq

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • @Tar Heel

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • @monkey66

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • @Alocin

Votes: 5 8.5%