• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look really nice. To clarify, these are 1 full size down from your normal leather dress shoe size?

yup, i'm a 9.5 on the Brannock and took an 8.5 here.

Symphony

Reaction score
******* irritated because I have 0 feedback on my eBay account, won some visvim virgils that I’ve been looking for for a long time, and buddy tells me to cancel because he thinks I’m gonna scam him.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
******* irritated because I have 0 feedback on my eBay account, won some visvim virgils that I’ve been looking for for a long time, and buddy tells me to cancel because he thinks I’m gonna scam him.

instant payment and verified address is not enough?

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
How does a buyer scam someone on eBay? Receive the item then create a PayPal dispute trying to get their money back?

Symphony

Reaction score
instant payment and verified address is not enough?

I guess not lmao

How does a buyer scam someone on eBay? Receive the item then create a PayPal dispute trying to get their money back?

Apparently, people can do a bait and switch. The thing is, I don’t think they even make fake Virgil’s

pretty sure he’s mad cuz he sold it for way lower than he anticipated. He had a BIN for $1000

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
....wait they do?

well **** lmao

They've been making fake Virgils for at least five years longer than you've been on this forum

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup, i'm a 9.5 on the Brannock and took an 8.5 here.

Brooo I don't know what's going on. I just posted a thing that says down a half is my size, but after wearing them around today, down a half was short but super voluminous. My feet were bouncing around and toes were hitting the front...

So I guess maybe tts is my only option, but it's very very voluminous.

Anyone want a black pebble grain with gold bits in a size 10?? Worn once for a walk around the block then sworn at.

Screenshot_20210803-211449_Gallery.jpg

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a Visvim guy so I'm not up to date on this but I recall some Virgils knock offs a few years back, can't imagine it's gotten better given the brand current status (it's still popular, yes?..).
Best to assume all the big brands stuff talked about on here has been or is about to be knocked off (with varying degrees of success...)

There's a thread on selling on ebay on the CM side if you want to get a taste of the pain ********** it can be. Not saying you'll automatically get shafted but the whole thing heavily favors buyers and unscrupulous pos won't hesitate to try and use it against you.

As always, due diligence, do your homework, if it's too good to be true etc...

Symphony

Reaction score
Not a Visvim guy so I'm not up to date on this but I recall some Virgils knock offs a few years back, can't imagine it's gotten better given the brand current status (it's still popular, yes?..).
Best to assume all the big brands stuff talked about on here has been or is about to be knocked off (with varying degrees of success...)

There's a thread on selling on ebay on the CM side if you want to get a taste of the pain ********** it can be. Not saying you'll automatically get shafted but the whole thing heavily favors buyers and unscrupulous pos won't hesitate to try and use it against you.

As always, due diligence, do your homework, if it's too good to be true etc...

I’m just trying to figure out how I can prove to this person that I’m not trying to scam them

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m just trying to figure out how I can prove to this person that I’m not trying to scam them

Afraid you can't, anything short of cash in hand can and will sound scammy to them. Also, if the ending price is maybe lower than expected as you said I'd say there's even less incentive to risk it for them.

If it's not available elsewhere, I'd let it go. Wait for them to relist and ask a friend with feedback or use a proxy to bid again

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads