• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe try the other sublime style (straw) that @conceptual 4est has been wearing for years. It's more rigid than the paper ones
That's a good suggestion. I'll have to try to snag one next spring if you restock

Ugh was gonna suggest that sublime hat.

have you checked goorin bros?
I have not, I'll give their website a look though, thanks

Stoffa rollable hat? Or are they not making those anymore?
I actually have one! Really nice and I wear it a lot, but it's more of a autumn/winter hat, I think

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have not either. But they are extremely popular it seems, even with $1,000+ price tags. They sell out immediately at places like Saks, Neiman, Bergdorf, etc.
Yea I noticed.

I actually strolled into SLP and saw some real cool jeans for once. Haven’t caught Amiri in person but I think for jeans I’d go with RO at that price point.

I do kinda want the sneakers

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got another size of Blackstock & Weber loafers in, and can now offer some sizing advice. My brannock/tts is 10.5D, flat foot/low arches, probably closer to 10.25.

- the 10.5 B&W (the TF collab) which is sized relatively tts for my brannock, fits well with a thick sock, and is generally a fine fine fit, but def too big to wear comfortably with a thin sock or barefoot

- the 10 B&W (black grain) which is sized a half size down from my brannock, fit well in the length, but the outer part of my middle toes is catching on the sides when barefoot. I think this is probably the right size, and with a shoe tree, should fit well overall.

My recommendation is:

- go down a half size from brannock if you're at or slightly over a traditional size (I'm a 10.25ish, usually buy a size 10.5, and I sized down to 10 for a solid fit)

- go tts from brannock if you're on the larger side of a traditional size (if you normally buy 10.5 but are more of a 10.75, go tts with a 10.5).

Overall the shoes have a lot of volume and are forgiving in width. Also, based on the sizing info formatting and the sole, I'm 99% sure they're made by Sanders.

20210726_153947.jpg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How you look in Amiri jeans

View attachment 1644706
I have to agree regarding the jeans, I took a quick peek and it looks like something I’d find in a mall brand (see attached), ive only ever looked at the sneakers.

occasionally some of those really high end brands that ends up at neiman, saks, etc, ends up being pretty nice but their jeans are a cringe.

A87CBE45-B42D-40F2-AAD8-445043297502.jpeg930DB2FC-6860-4EA0-B629-8B456D0CBCC3.jpeg6C1B9A26-6DF6-483F-99C0-D497EDEA35B8.jpeg4DA67FE1-8575-43E2-ADE1-7A9ADF125096.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

jaaz16

Reaction score
Just got another size of Blackstock & Weber loafers in, and can now offer some sizing advice. My brannock/tts is 10.5D, flat foot/low arches, probably closer to 10.25.

- the 10.5 B&W (the TF collab) which is sized relatively tts for my brannock, fits well with a thick sock, and is generally a fine fine fit, but def too big to wear comfortably with a thin sock or barefoot

- the 10 B&W (black grain) which is sized a half size down from my brannock, fit well in the length, but the outer part of my middle toes is catching on the sides when barefoot. I think this is probably the right size, and with a shoe tree, should fit well overall.

My recommendation is:

- go down a half size from brannock if you're at or slightly over a traditional size (I'm a 10.25ish, usually buy a size 10.5, and I sized down to 10 for a solid fit)

- go tts from brannock if you're on the larger side of a traditional size (if you normally buy 10.5 but are more of a 10.75, go tts with a 10.5).

Overall the shoes have a lot of volume and are forgiving in width. Also, based on the sizing info formatting and the sole, I'm 99% sure they're made by Sanders.

View attachment 1644710
I was just thinking today about testing the waters to ask for sizing advice on here, so thanks for this! I’ve been eyeing the black tassels as well as a preview I caught of a black mismatched pair with what looks like alternating suede and grain leather.

troika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking today about testing the waters to ask for sizing advice on here, so thanks for this! I’ve been eyeing the black tassels as well as a preview I caught of a black mismatched pair with what looks like alternating suede and grain leather.
Yeah, I've been really loving all of their diff leather, suede, and hair-on options.

I will say, for loafers that are supposed to be fun, they have a very traditional sole. I wish they didn't have a super stiff leather sole but something more pliable and comfortable.

People ragged on ALD loafers for having a poron insole and a glued sole, but honestly it's much more comfortable. Which is great for something I won't wear enough to complely break in.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t know much about the brand and have not paid attention to the collections. From what I can tell, the stuff is not for me.

But the brand has a devoted following. I have been in stores like Barneys and Saks when an Amiri shipment had come in and witnessed the subsequent feeding frenzy.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.