• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
So I’m going to post this here because the CM side frankly scares me. I’m cleaning out my closet (hence the horrible mess) and wanted to get an idea if this suit is too slim and/or worth saving. It’s generally comfortable and doesn’t feel restrictive. I’m not looking to get redlined here, just general opinions. My partner said she doesn’t think so, but wanted to get an idea from impartial perspectives. I could possibly take some better pictures if these aren’t great for determining this.

dawg this is chefs kiss perfecto fuck cm guidelines

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think most people know that a suit is more formal than a sport coat, even if they can't articulate the nuances regarding tailored clothing. In my office, I can get away with a sport coat even if most people are dressed more casually.
I very much agree with that. People get that cotton suits aren't suit suits.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve had to tell myself not to get rid of *everything* I have that is on the (moderately) slimmer side.

While I’m less into that stuff at the moment, I have to remind myself I might not be as crazy about looser fits a few years from now.

Have definitely burned myself before by getting rid of things too soon when they weren’t perfectly in sync with the style I was most into at the moment, then wished I still had them later.

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve had to tell myself not to get rid of *everything* I have that is on the (moderately) slimmer side.

While I’m less into that stuff at the moment, I have to remind myself I might not be as crazy about looser fits a few years from now.

Have definitely burned myself before by getting rid of things too soon when they weren’t perfectly in sync with the style I was most into at the moment, then wished I still had them later.
If you are trying to keep your closet lean, I don't see anything wrong with shifting what you have every few years. As long as you are reselling, or giving it away to someone you know.

I keep some baggy stuff and some slim stuff though. Most of my clothes is self made or thrifted so I can ride whatever wave whenever I want usually since everything is cyclical and I can find things that work regardless of the current trend.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any places to get some good boro/patchwork pants/denim?
Etsy (probably a lot more stores I don't know about):

Brut, but not that often

YJP, I've searched stray cloth(?) (野良着) here, there's probably a lot more to be found where stray cloth term is not used, you could try boro (ボロ) or vintage (ヴィンテージ) or old cloth (古布)

if you're looking for contemporary boro, cant help you there

Nyarlathotep

Reaction score
What does "the seller cannot receive messages" on Vestiaire mean, a suspended account?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of summer hat do you guys think pairs best with stuff from the likes of Christian Kimber, GRP, Valstar, Stoffa, Camoshita, etc?
I'm super pale so a hat is kind of a necessity for me. I love the Sublime rollable hat from NMWA in theory, but it was just so floppy and looked terrible on me for some reason.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe try the other sublime style (straw) that @conceptual 4est has been wearing for years. It's more rigid than the paper ones

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.